PDA

View Full Version : Ridiculous hand on Truepoker. True story.

05-03-2002, 08:26 AM
I had been folding a lot last night for a long while, when I received 37 offsuit in middle position. All folded to me, and I raised. All except one folded to the small blind, yellow jacket, who raised again. I raised back. Four saw the flop.

Flop is A, 10, J, mixed suits. Yellow jacket and another player check to me. I bet, player folds, yellow jacket raised, other player folds, just me and him heads up and I raise back. He caps.

Turn is K of some sort of suit. He bets. I call.

River is Q, completing the onboard straight. He bets in desperation, and I call. He turns over trip A's, and we split the pot with the straight on board. Yellow Jacket's only comment: "What a waste."

Question: Are there any mistakes anyone sees in my play? Was there any way I could have maximized my profit more than I did?

05-03-2002, 09:42 AM
Yum

Please, could describe your thinking.

MS Sunshine

05-03-2002, 10:34 AM
i dont know the limit and cant count the bets, but maybe you could have saved a 1/2 buck in rake by calling him down from his last flopraise in stead of reraise.

Apart from that i dont think you can make any more profit /images/wink.gif LOL

Chr

05-03-2002, 12:28 PM
"I received 37 offsuit in middle position. All folded to me, and I raised"

except for the fact that you raised instead of called with 73o, i'd say you play like 70% of the other players on truepoker.

05-03-2002, 01:49 PM

05-03-2002, 05:30 PM
Excellent aggression, though you should have raised on the river! Tell me your handle at TruePoker, so I can observe your play and let you know if I see other mistakes. /images/wink.gif

-Mike

05-03-2002, 06:23 PM
It's JenBuckShot /images/smile.gif

BTW last night I was playing at your table too!

Another ridiculous hand...

Person just sits in, posts, and gets dealt 93o. To his left has KK. Another player I suspect highly has AA (93o and KK showed down, "AA" mucked after calling the river).

Anyways, action goes like this:

preflop: cap

flop: cap

turn: bet-raise, or bet.

river: bet-raise-reraise or something like that.

Flop was 927r, turn a 9, river a 2!!!!!

93o takes it! (he was raising preflop along with KK and the probable AA!).

- Tony

05-04-2002, 12:59 AM
3/6 omaha/8...

6 people capped preflop.

flop QJT rainbow. 4 people, capped.

turn 2, second club. 3 people, capped.

river 3, third club. calling station bets out, other 2 call. cs turns over 4c7c7d7s and takes it down with the flush.

damn i love this site.

05-04-2002, 08:38 AM
Jen, you've got to be kidding or just advertising here like you did in that hand. Ah, that's it! The tip-off is when you opened up your story with, "I had been folding a lot last night for a long while". I wonder how many 2+2ers have read your little ploy, gone to that site and searched you out? True story or not, I'll give you credit for ingenuity! By the way, you should have raised on the river with nothing to lose and the outside chance your opponent would be dumb enough to fold. Don't shake your head, I've seen it happen!

05-06-2002, 02:26 PM
I just answered an inquiry from a player who could not believe anyone would play a 5 3 suited and raise. I explained that he might do that 30 times and that the one you saw showed down was revealed because he finally hit a flop.

That 5 3 raiser might be the sort of opponent anyone would want to play against, regardless of his very occasional success.

Truepoker Management

05-08-2002, 02:28 PM