PDA

View Full Version : IS TRUE POKER EVER FUNCTIONING PROPERLY?

05-02-2002, 01:39 PM
To me true poker is just riddled with problems. The site is only up maybe 65 percent of the time and their always seems to be some issue that is preventing something from working properly.

Like on monday they added this server for what ever reason--by the way no one plays on it. Now today all of their tournaments are down. Ever since I joined the site their server has gone down atleast once everyday. Their customer support line is always busy so you cant find out what is going on and they take forever to answer emails. The only good thing I can say about their site is that they have fast cashouts and the graphics are good. Other than that it's just plain lousy.

And another thing, why do they shut down the whole tournament schedule just because a free roll or bigger tournament is going on. Not everyone plays these larger tournaments, and the ones that lose early cant play any tournaments for the next 4 hours. Im going to take my money else where. Just my opinion. Feel free to make any comments on this as I know Im not the only one feeling this way.

05-02-2002, 02:12 PM
"The only good thing I can say about their site is that they have fast cashouts and the graphics are good"

you forgot to mention that they have the worst players i have ever seen. but the site is so slow i always have another site up, like paradise or stars, while i'm playing.

my biggest complaint with truepoker, other than their constant server problems, is true's limit on 1 table per player. i'll be playing in wild and crazy 3/6 omaha/8 game, then all of sudden it's 3 handed because 7 people got magically wisked away to play in a tournament. so then i'm stuck without a game for 2 hours.

truepoker summary:

pros: softest games, good graphics, quality support/cashouts

cons: server shutdowns, slow software, 1 table per player, lack of "in turn" buttons, it prompts you to act even when it's not your turn or after you auto folded, sometimes it won't even let me "pick up" my cards so i have to fold (or play blind :o), and they don't have enough players to sustain live games when a big tournament is going

05-02-2002, 03:57 PM

05-02-2002, 04:40 PM

05-03-2002, 02:21 AM
Their servers seem to crash a lot and their customer service is poor (in my experience), but there is no site where I enjoy playing more than TruePoker. It is the most fun and friendly poker environment on the net due to their very superior chat (and dealer text) functions which encourage player interaction. I hope they add more "act in turn" buttons to speed up the games.

05-06-2002, 02:30 PM
Truepoker does not take Firepay because our prior experience with them (last year) was that their customer service wasn't good enough. We parted ways with Firepay in September over that issue.

Truepoker highly recommends Neteller or Paypal for transactions. They both have greater ease of buy-ins or cashouts than did our experience with Firepay.

05-06-2002, 02:38 PM
Dear Longstroke:

Truepoker is adding advanced action buttons to our software.

Thanks for the good words about playing at Truepoker. Truepoker does present the best chat features and social environment by design. We emphasize that your playing experience should be enjoyable, especially for recreational players. (Johnny Chan has an article offering his view on the direct link between social interaction and long term player profitablity in the current Card Player)

I regret that your customer service experience has been poor. I know we went back and forth on a name change, as noted in posts on this forum. please let me know if we fail to provide you good service in the future.

David Gzesh

Management@truepoker.com