PDA

View Full Version : Super System 2

Bigdaddydvo
01-24-2005, 09:35 AM
I just got it over the weekend in the mail from Amazon. I've only read a small part of the book (just Jen Harmon's Limit Hold Em section) and honestly I'm not very impressed. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the technical, scientific, and theoretical approaches to poker given by the 2+2 team as opposed to the more colloquial analysis given by authors like Harmon, Hellmuth, and Warren. I hope the rest of the book is better.

johnnybeef
01-24-2005, 10:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just got it over the weekend in the mail from Amazon. I've only read a small part of the book (just Jen Harmon's Limit Hold Em section) and honestly I'm not very impressed. Maybe I'm just spoiled by the technical, scientific, and theoretical approaches to poker given by the 2+2 team as opposed to the more colloquial analysis given by authors like Harman, Hellmuth, and Warren. I hope the rest of the book is better.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have seen several reviews of SS2 on this forum now, and iI must say that I disagree with most of them. While Harman's chapter is not as rich on technical advice as HEPFAP, it does provide some insight on how to play the player which i found enlightening. Furthermore, I have found Lyle Berman's section on PLO to be the most comprehensive thing I have read on PLO.

ps. Listing Jennifer Harman in the same sentence as Ken Warren and Phil Hellmuth when discussing limit holdem is blasphemy.

BradleyT
01-24-2005, 12:39 PM
The Mike Caro University 25 tips section at the front of the book has some good concepts that most of us "know" but should remind ourselves about from time to time.

1C5
01-24-2005, 01:28 PM
Is it worth a buy if I never read SS?

BradleyT
01-24-2005, 01:57 PM
Not sure yet, it's a hugeass book and I'm only on page 100 or so. I doubt SS is a requirement to read SS2 though.

Rudbaeck
01-24-2005, 02:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Is it worth a buy if I never read SS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Other than for historical value you don't want to buy SS.