PDA

View Full Version : I just took 1st and 4th in two MTT tourneys!!!

LImitPlayer
01-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Sorry, just need to brag and everyone is sleeping

I've been dabbling in MTT's lately and tonight I placed 1st in one on Ultimate Bet and 4th in another one on Stars.

Now I'm kinda curious if this happens to anyone else.

The closer I got to the final table in both tourneys the faster my adrenaline pumped.

Now the money is nice and everything but it's not the kind of cash that is going to make any signifacant increase whatsoever in my bankroll or my living style, total amount won for the 2 tourneys is $2,742

So why did my heart race and adrenaline pump so much, It was like I just finished my workout on a treadmill.

Any ideas?

boondockst
01-24-2005, 08:00 AM
which UB tournament did you win (i play most of them)

krazyace5
01-24-2005, 08:19 AM
Umm... maybe you were excited....

Great job on the tournys.

Bigdaddydvo
01-24-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So why did my heart race and adrenaline pump so much, It was like I just finished my workout on a treadmill.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel the same way when I know that Lifetime is going to show a Golden Girls Marathon. Completely natural.

sirio11
01-24-2005, 09:37 AM
Last Sunday I have a 1st, a 2nd and a 5th, lovely to have a good rush. But most of the time you're gonna be frustrated, well kind of.

David

jennicide
01-24-2005, 09:42 AM
I think the only time I got that kind of rush was when I made 9 final tables and two firsts in 48 days. The total was about 20k. I was on such a rush, I didn't sleep!

47outs
01-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Well done! How many players in each of the tournys?

outs

47outs
01-24-2005, 09:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I was on such a rush, I didn't sleep!

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't sleep in 48 days? whoa
Did I read somewhere that you are a student?

outs

47outs
01-24-2005, 10:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Golden Girls Marathon.

[/ QUOTE ]

Haha, nice.

outs

boondockst
01-24-2005, 10:22 AM
Dude...i took 5th in the $1+0 on UB about an hour ago....

I was thinking, i'm gonna get out of the kiddie pool now and start making some moves.....on jennicide.

jennicide
01-24-2005, 10:24 AM
was..I left school last semester. I've gone on 3-day rushes before. It seems if I'm winning and I sleep during that rush, I won't win for a little =)

DonButtons
01-24-2005, 11:35 AM
Since xmas break for college, Ive made a ton of final tables, around 21-23. Not bad for 5 weeks.

2 firsts, 1 second. 1 10th in the $600 (ehh), still $12k though.

But in 5 days, I made 4 final tables in the $100 nl multi on party at 00:00, nice lil' rush.

jedi
01-24-2005, 12:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

The closer I got to the final table in both tourneys the faster my adrenaline pumped.

Now the money is nice and everything but it's not the kind of cash that is going to make any signifacant increase whatsoever in my bankroll or my living style, total amount won for the 2 tourneys is $2,742

Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're nervous about winning, anxious about the mistakes you might make, and excited about making a final table. No shame in that. Final tables for me are few and far between. If it's the same way for you, you'll get excited at every one.

Beavis68
01-24-2005, 01:16 PM
I won a bonus bucks free roll and was excited.

It is all about the challenge.

kevstreet
01-24-2005, 02:48 PM
To be honest, I've only made one final table in a big MTT. I don't enter many, I normally stick to STT, but I will never forget how excited I was. It was only on Party Poker and it was almost as exhilirating as any sports moment I've been a part of. I can't imagine what it would be like to make it in a major live tournament. Anyone have the experience at the final of a live tournament? Is it much more exciting?

jennicide
01-24-2005, 02:58 PM
I can honestly say that every final table I've been to live, I did not feel any excitement. The $ was small, so maybe if it were a larger buy-in over 500.00, I might feel a bit more excited to be there.

Toro
01-24-2005, 03:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Any ideas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, don't have any ideas for you to control your emotions. But I'll bet it's just the novelty of the whole thing. Once you've made a few more final tables I'm sure you'll settle down.

My experience with final tables was very strange. I played live for many years before I ever played on line. I didn't experience any nervousness whatsoever at my first final table or any other final table playing live, maybe because I had tons of live experience in ring games before I started playing tourneys.

But then strangely, when I made my first final table on-line I was all pumped up. Still can't figure out why.