PDA

View Full Version : TILT is the worst show ever made

phixxx
01-24-2005, 07:02 AM
Why is the cop so angry at the cheaters? Why doesn't he go fight real crimes instead of beating people up who handle the security cameras while pointing a gun to their head and threatening to kill them? Why do all of the black poker players have guns? Why is this show so tremendously bad?

Bigdaddydvo
01-24-2005, 08:56 AM
Still better than "Joanie Loves Chochi"(sp?)

krazyace5
01-24-2005, 10:44 AM
Did you watch it? Not saying it is not bad but the cop is pissed because they (the matador and friends) killed his brother.

djoyce003
01-24-2005, 11:17 AM
Watch it at least before you rip on it. I mean obviously the show sucks, but the cop is after them because they killed his brother. That would make it want to point a gun at someone, how about you. Hell if I knew it for sure I would likely use it as well, but of course on the right guy, not some security camera goof.

Dominic
01-24-2005, 02:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you watch it? Not saying it is not bad but the cop is pissed because they (the matador and friends) killed his brother.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think they killed his brother, did they? I got that the brother went back home a wreck and is either dead now (by his own hand or alcohol or something) or washed up. The cop is avenging his brother on the people he worked with.

djoyce003
01-24-2005, 03:29 PM
nah, they disappeared him because he was talkin about how the matador cheated.

PoBoy321
01-24-2005, 04:13 PM
FWIW, I loved Joanie loves Chachi. I mean, c'mon. Scott Baio. You can't go wrong.

toots
01-24-2005, 04:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
FWIW, I loved Joanie loves Chachi. I mean, c'mon. Scott Baio. You can't go wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is perhaps the most frightening thing I've ever read.

phixxx
01-24-2005, 05:45 PM
After I watched the second episode it began to make more sense, but he just goes around pointing guns in peoples faces and punching people.

phixxx
01-24-2005, 06:47 PM
BTW, does anyone think that bringing a gun out and telling another guy to take his other bet up out of da pot is a tell? The guy may bet the turn after he was called on his no string bets bitch.

Russ McGinley
01-24-2005, 07:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
BTW, does anyone think that bringing a gun out and telling another guy to take his other bet up out of da pot is a tell? The guy may bet the turn after he was called on his no string bets bitch.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, this will be explained in a future episode.

Black Thug #1: When I clear my throat, call a string bet on me.

Black Thug #2: Then what?

Black Thug #1: Then I will point a gun at you and yell loud.

Black Thug #2: Word.

toots
01-24-2005, 07:10 PM
You know, any time I see a TV show or movie that attempts to cover some subject that I know anything about, I'm always horrified at how badly Hollywood manages to mangle it. You name it, they misrepresent it, misconstrue it, misunderstand it, and generally screw the pooch on anything factual.

Given that, I would have thought it an absolute miracle if this show was any different. This show ain't about poker. It's a crime drama that revolves around some Hollywood misinterpretation of poker, just like every other drama revolves around some Hollywood misinterpretation of everything else.

At that point, the object is to:

1) Ignore it because you know they're going to hopelessly mangle the game

2) Try to put the poker fanboyism aside, and see if the series has any merits (aside from poker) on which it can be appreciated.

3) Get ineffectually upset and spend your days whinging about it online. I mean, your complaining ain't gonna change it, and if it really bothers you that much, why even watch it in the first place?

I've actually been kind of enjoying the show. But, that has nothing to do with poker.

Don Olney
01-24-2005, 08:16 PM
I have been hearing and reading this show is CRAP for poker ---WELLLLLL --- WT* --- it is a show ---Like Rounders was good for poker -- lets see here -- CHEATING--LIEING and such -- sounds like TILT ON ROUNDERS LOL---
Give it a rest -- look at the show for what it is DRAMA ---with some poker play -----
A REAL SHOW ABOUT REAL POKER LIFE WOULD BE SOOOOOO DAMN BORING -- HELL EVEN THE WSOP AND WPT HAS BEEN EDITED FOR EXCITMENT LETS GET REAL

GoneFishing
01-24-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Still better than "Joanie Loves Chochi"(sp?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Take that back! Scott Baio is a God...

djoyce003
01-24-2005, 09:49 PM
dude, you should try decaf.

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

phixxx
01-25-2005, 01:08 AM
It doesn't really bother me that much at all, I just thought I'd post telling everyone what I thought about it. Just because I don't like it, doesn't mean it bothers me. I like watching bad shows due to that very reason, they're just horrible.

TransientR
01-25-2005, 01:52 AM
I agree.

I think the thing with Tilt is that the show goes out of its way to make poker look like a game that only cheaters and thugs can win at. I wasn't expecting the series to be good, but I thought given poker's exposure that the creators of the show could have had their crime and drama without maligning the game.

But its junk that won't hurt poker and will soon be forgotten.

Frank

phixxx
01-25-2005, 03:59 AM
I'm not sure..there's a segment in the second episode making fun of fish...the WPT guy. I don't think they should be making fun of fish like this, people who play like that (there's a bunch of them) might realize that that's what they look like and actually start playing well.

Or maybe not.

TheCroShow
01-25-2005, 05:57 AM
i love the show, i think it's entertaining. i think everyone needs to relax and get off the "omg they are making things worse for poker!" what did you expect? they are generating a lot of attention and have put all of you on tilt!

next case....