PDA

View Full Version : $$$ The Superbowl Post

Blackjack
01-24-2005, 02:21 AM
Put all of your bets here if you want to share!

New England at -6.5
$800/$695

I figured that I don't want to tie if the Patsies only win by a touchdown. I know we're going to win though. Patriots are unstoppable.

Michael Davis
01-24-2005, 02:47 AM
"I figured that I don't want to tie if the Patsies only win by a touchdown. I know we're going to win though. Patriots are unstoppable."

I don't think you should bet on the game.

-Michael

Blackjack
01-24-2005, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the advice! Duly noted...

Guess it was mostly luck that I won all of my bets minus 1 prop bet today and went 3/4 last week!

Another poster said he was doing the exact same bet.
I'm pretty new to sports betting, but I have confidence in the patriots record.

Shoe
01-24-2005, 05:25 AM
I think New England is the play here.

CCx
01-24-2005, 07:56 AM
As of right now I have:

Eagles +7 - 1000/869
Eagles +220 - 300/660

Probably load up a lot more during the next two weeks. All I know is that everyone will hate and hate and hate on the Eagles for ANOTHER game (just like they did for Minnesota, and especially like they did for GODLIKE Vick this week), and we'll see what's good in two short weeks. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JupiterUWG
01-24-2005, 03:17 PM
pretty sure he was referring to the fact that you referred to the patriots as "we"; usually not impartial enough to place a large wager. Partiality lends the ability to accurately assess betting.

Waterproof
01-24-2005, 05:24 PM
I bet all the AFC teams to beat all the NFC teams last week (all four combinations). I now have the Pats @ -4.5 /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Anyway, I have two weeks to decide what to do from here... if anything

scalf
01-24-2005, 08:14 PM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif..remember..patsies are 2 time champs in super bowl, but

how much did they win by??

i'll refresh your memory..it was not 7..or 6.5..or lol even 4.5

looks like a tulip bulb frenzy...

phil is a real team...mcnabb ain't a rookie

gl

/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/spade.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

p.s. is carolina of last year's s.b. a better team than phila of this year...how many points did the patsies beat this mediocre n.e. team by last year in s.b.

this ain't no lock

gl

/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Perseus
01-24-2005, 08:34 PM
This is going to be great. I live in PA (unfortunatly) and have watched the Igles play every game this year (against my will)...

..they had the easiest schedule and are so far overrated it's rediculous. The freakin giants played them well in week 13 and lost by two touchdowns because their WR got tripped up twice inside the 5 leading to Eli Manning INTS, or else it would have been a tie game.

If anything, the Pats won't cover, but they will win the game.

CCx
01-24-2005, 09:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
..they had the easiest schedule and are so far overrated it's rediculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this is just ridiculous - how do you have a team in the super bowl, that won 13 of 14 'real' games in the regular season, has 9 pro bowl players and was the preseason favorite to make the superbowl be overrated?? hate on the eagles all you want, but geez, that's friggin' retarded

ttleistdci
01-24-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
..they had the easiest schedule and are so far overrated it's rediculous.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, this is just ridiculous - how do you have a team in the super bowl, that won 13 of 14 'real' games in the regular season, has 9 pro bowl players and was the preseason favorite to make the superbowl be overrated?? hate on the eagles all you want, but geez, that's friggin' retarded

[/ QUOTE ]

Regardless of their regular season schedule, they still marched through the postseason without much of a problem. That's gotta say something right there.

Perseus
01-24-2005, 11:20 PM
Yeah I know I just hate the Eagles with a passion, and they are overrated here, so I think that is where I am coming from on this.

For example, my friend bet me today that the eagles will win, and he GAVE THE PATS 5 points. So yes, I took that bet.

Another example, I heard an eagles fan say "The giants are good, but they need to pick up a running back. tiki is ok, but he's not brain westbrook. Westbrook can run and catch, Tiki can't" When I mentioned Tiki was the leagues leader in total yards, he said I was crazy.

Sorry for the rambling, but it's been a loooooong hard day to live in PA if your not a diehard Eagles fan /images/graemlins/mad.gif

JupiterUWG
01-24-2005, 11:23 PM
well...they beat a bad minnesota team at home....and if the Atlanta game is anywhere but frozen philly, im not so sure its not a pick 'em game...so playing in jacksonville against a much more talented team than anyone they have played is a bit different

ttleistdci
01-24-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well...they beat a bad minnesota team at home....and if the Atlanta game is anywhere but frozen philly, im not so sure its not a pick 'em game...so playing in jacksonville against a much more talented team than anyone they have played is a bit different

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't get me wrong...I'm a big Pats fan, but I'm just trying to make everyone realize that Philly is not nearly as bad as you're saying.
Despite your schedule strength, or lack there of, you don't go 13-3 (including pretty much dumping their last 2 games to rest starters) on hopes and dreams.

This is a talented team top to bottom. They have a number of Pro-Bowlers on both sides of the ball and a good coaching staff.

Unfortunately, this will all be meaningless when Belichick is hoisting another Lombardi trophy over his head. And, in the process, passing Lombardi himself on the all-time postseason win percentage list. How fitting.

CCx
01-24-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well...they beat a bad minnesota team at home....and if the Atlanta game is anywhere but frozen philly, im not so sure its not a pick 'em game...

[/ QUOTE ]

Man...you know, you can hate the Eagles but at least let's make sense with what you're saying. There's a reason that game WAS in frozen Philly this year - we won more games than the Falcons! We would have won that game anywhere, and everyone who watched the game knows that. What happened to the 'vaunted' Falcons rushing offense, you know, the one that led the NFL in rushing? Oh yea, how about ONE HUNDRED FOURTEEN YARDS RUSHING as a team. The field was in perfect condition for the game, so there's no weather-related excuses there - in fact, the wind was supposed to benefit the better ground team right?

It sickens me how the Eagles get absolutely no respect....but again, being from Philly, I *LOVE* it...keep counting us out /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ttleistdci
01-24-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It sickens me how the Eagles get absolutely no respect....

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind've ironic that the only respect Philly is getting on this board is from a Pats fan!

I call it the Bill Belichick approach...talk your opponent up as much as possible then crush them /images/graemlins/grin.gif

jamesburke
01-24-2005, 11:55 PM
My 2 senses..If ur gonna take the pats take them now at -7..I highly doubt TO will play and they will announce that at the end of the week, the line will shoot up to 9+...so if u like the pats bet them now, if not hold out for more points with the eagles if that's ur play..

holeplug
01-25-2005, 12:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
My 2 senses..If ur gonna take the pats take them now at -7..I highly doubt TO will play and they will announce that at the end of the week, the line will shoot up to 9+...so if u like the pats bet them now, if not hold out for more points with the eagles if that's ur play..

[/ QUOTE ]

T.O is gonna play people...Even if its only a Willis Reed type game he'll be on the field next sunday.

ttleistdci
01-25-2005, 12:20 AM
TO will not have a big enough impact on the game that it will change the line either way. If he plays, it's as the 3rd WR...probably a similar role to what Moss played those few weeks while he had a bad hammy. Just enough to get respect from the other teams's secondary, but not enough to have a big impact on the game.

walterberk
01-25-2005, 03:11 AM
EAGLES BABY!

scalf
01-25-2005, 09:03 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/club.gif

willis reed yeah..

man, when he came out on that court...

then when he hit that jumper from outside,..

hey, man

that is sports..

thanks for memories..

gl

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/diamond.gif