PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4 K9s, questionable on every street

Lurker4
01-24-2005, 01:39 AM
First, PF. I know I'd raise KTs in this spot, but I'm guessing K9s is a bad PFR here. My rationale was that I could possibly buy the button and since my hand plays well multiway the raise might be +EV w/4 limpers to me. Does this hold, or is this PFR just bad? On the flop, I bet to hopefully get the button and take a free turn, w/my backdoor straight and overcard draws. When I picked up gutshot on the turn, I checked through. On the river I was pretty much done w/the hand, but was very surprised to see it checked to me. I thought a bet could push either MP1/MP2 off of any weak A that stayed around, and fold a K that would have otherwise split had I checked. I thought it was worth taking a shot at w/the pot at 8.25BBs. Each street is debateable I think.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. MP1 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 (poster) checks, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Flop: (13.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, BB folds, UTG folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, Hero checks.

River: (8.25 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 folds.

Final Pot: 9.25 BB