View Full Version : Highlands cashout

05-01-2002, 06:09 PM
Just wanted to state that I have never propped

at the highlands club.

They owe me $1274.03 from my 3/25 original

cashout request (AnteUp UserName).

Hand for Hand, hr. for hr. playing at highlands

was the lowest win rate I've ever experienced

at online poker...Now with the revelation of how many props I was against, I am not surprised, especially since most seem like winning players.

It was a huge WASTE OF MY TIME.

So although MS SUNSHINE and crew may technically be getting screwed out of a salary (which certainly isn't right), I am a regular customer getting screwed.

Just wanted to clear this up for those who think that highlands is stiffing their props.

05-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Last sentence should read:

Just wanted to clear this up for those who think that highlands is ONLY stiffing their props.

05-01-2002, 06:30 PM
"Hand for Hand, hr. for hr. playing at highlands

at online poker...Now with the revelation of how many props I was against, I am not surprised, especially since most seem like winning players."

We used too many 2+2ers and not enough RGPers.

MS Sunshine

05-01-2002, 08:19 PM
"Hand for Hand, hr. for hr. playing at highlands

at online poker...Now with the revelation of how many props I was against, I am not surprised, especially since most seem like winning players.

It was a huge WASTE OF MY TIME."

This is a mistake that many cardrooms have made over the years. They hire tough regular players to be the props and end up ruining their games. See my book Poker Essays, Volume II for more discussion.

I have always felt that the need to hire props is an indication that the rake is too high. Notice that props is equivalent to having a lower rake from a cardroom revenue point of view, but one that is not fair to all participants.

05-01-2002, 08:47 PM
Mason:

I've read several of your books, but not Poker Essays II. I think you need to consider that for a while, around the time I started propping for Highlands, they were running a half rake promotion. Even with half the rake of any other cardroom on the internet, they could not generate action without props. Also, one advantage to using prop players, as opposed to a rake reduction, is that you can tell them when to play, and in what game. I can't imagine why a sucessful cardroom would want to use props, but for a cardroom without a substantial player base, it really does make some sense.