PDA

View Full Version : If you like hardcore/metal such as DEP, Botch...

Paluka
01-24-2005, 12:42 AM
I just picked up Burnt By The Sun- Soundtrack To The Personal Revolution. This cd rules. I might mosh the [censored] out of my cats.

bugstud
01-24-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I just picked up Burnt By The Sun- Soundtrack To The Personal Revolution. This cd rules. I might mosh the [censored] out of my cats.

[/ QUOTE ]

For some reason I found this really funny

KJS
01-24-2005, 04:09 AM
Saw them here in Seattle a few mohths back. If you like that stuff you must check out Heaven Shall Burn and Caliban. They have a split CD together and Asunder by HSB is a must. I also heard a CD by Walls of Jericho the other day. Good hardcore with some metal bits, with a female singer. Not awesome through and through, but good. They are on tour right now. Will be in Seattle in February. Oh and Darkest Hour rules too.

I can be heard screaming on a live Botch track recorded at the Breakroom in Seattle on a comp called "Is it Dead". They did rule. American Nervoso is in my top 20 albums.

KJS

bholdr
01-24-2005, 04:17 AM
i saw botch a ton of times in 95-98 when they were playing in teen centers in the NW. do they still suck?

KJS
01-24-2005, 01:58 PM
They never sucked, IMO, although their first album is better than their later ones. No they don't play anymore. I think some of their guys are now in These Arms Are Snakes.

KJS

lucas9000
01-24-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I also heard a CD by Walls of Jericho the other day. Good hardcore with some metal bits, with a female singer. Not awesome through and through, but good.

[/ QUOTE ]

see them live. you will thank me.

Sporky
01-24-2005, 02:22 PM
hmm, they're in orlando the 31st. i may have to check them out. how good is their show? i don't care for them a whole lot on CD, but i could dig them if they put on a good live show. on a side note, i saw Unearth about a month ago, and they tore the house down. you guys might check out their latest cd for some good hardcore if you haven't already.

lucas9000
01-24-2005, 02:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hmm, they're in orlando the 31st. i may have to check them out. how good is their show? i don't care for them a whole lot on CD, but i could dig them if they put on a good live show. on a side note, i saw Unearth about a month ago, and they tore the house down. you guys might check out their latest cd for some good hardcore if you haven't already.

[/ QUOTE ]

i only saw walls of jericho live once, but their show blew me away. so much energy, they just kick ass. for what it's worth, their albums don't compare to their live show. so, if you're "so-so" about the albums, you may very well love the show.

i've seen a LOT of hardcore bands, and walls of jericho is right up there with the best live.

Sporky
01-24-2005, 02:56 PM
cool man. i may very well go check it out. i may have to convince/bribe some of my friends to go with me though. it's almost worth it just to see the chick throw down on vocals.

lucas9000
01-24-2005, 02:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
cool man. i may very well go check it out. i may have to convince/bribe some of my friends to go with me though. it's almost worth it just to see the chick throw down on vocals.

[/ QUOTE ]

it definitely is. she is brutal (and pretty damn cute, in that hardcore/suicidegirls kind of way).