PDA

View Full Version : Value raise????

Brash620
01-24-2005, 12:31 AM
Table was loose overall
Live 2-4 game (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero in BB with K /images/graemlins/heart.gif 6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif
UTG Folds, UTG+1 Folds, <font color="red"> UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls

Flop: (16 SB) Q /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif 4 /images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue"> (8 players) </font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="red"> UTG+2 bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="red"> Hero raises </font>, <font color="red">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls MP2 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls

My main question is does anyone else think the raise is correct? The entire table is committed for one bet so I thought that I could pull an extra bet out of everyone. Any other comments are also welcome.

Pat Southern
01-24-2005, 12:57 AM
Cap the flop.

Entity
01-24-2005, 01:00 AM
Cap the flop dude. Of course the checkraise is correct.

Rob

The Dude
01-24-2005, 01:03 AM
If you had only 3 opponents, I would not check-raise the flop, because the pfr will 3-bet fairly often and drive out other players. With this many opponents though, even if he does 3-bet you you're going to get called in more than enough places to make it profitable. And yes, I would have capped the flop.

rmarotti
01-24-2005, 06:12 AM
CAPPUCCINO!