PDA

View Full Version : How Did He Do?

sthief09
01-23-2005, 11:11 PM
I didn't play this hand, but someone I know did. How did he play it?

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, UTG+2 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (10.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Hero shows 4h 9h (one pair, tens).

Michael Davis
01-23-2005, 11:14 PM
I like how he showed his hand at the end.

Why doesn't CDC post his own hands?

-Michael

cnfuzzd
01-23-2005, 11:14 PM
with proper control over villian and blinds,,, its almost ok.

almost.

This is one of those hands that my friends always show me when they are trying to demonstrate their poker skills. Usually though, the pot is for like 10K in playchips, not 300 bones.

peace

john nickle

sthief09
01-23-2005, 11:18 PM
I love how obvious it is. he claims he thought he had 99 until the turn, but the fact that he's a 49ers fan and he had 49s makes me question that claim

deadmunny
01-23-2005, 11:19 PM
He won!, who am I to critique or render opinion? I guess though the higher the stakes the easier it is to bluff.

sfer
01-23-2005, 11:24 PM
He's playing tigher now at least.

Chris Daddy Cool
01-23-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why doesn't CDC post his own hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

how'd you know?

Michael Davis
01-23-2005, 11:35 PM
You are one of like three people in the world who wins money at this game that would have played the hand like that.

Now, I didn't know this play was made by a winning money player, but I did know that Josh posted it for a "friend." I expect Josh's friends who play 15-30 on Party (actually, I expect that all of his friends) are winning money players. So it was an educated guess.

-Michael

sfer
01-23-2005, 11:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I expect Josh's friends who play 15-30 on Party (actually, I expect that all of his friends) are winning money players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can think of one who isn't. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris Daddy Cool
01-23-2005, 11:38 PM
anyhoo. any postflop stretegic comments you'd like to make here? cuz my turn action was all read based.

gaming_mouse
01-24-2005, 12:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
anyhoo. any postflop stretegic comments you'd like to make here? cuz my turn action was all read based.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain the read? Was it based on the oppo's play in this hand mainly, or on prior knowledge of him, or both?

This is impressive, sure, but it can't be +EV in the long run, can it?

Chris Daddy Cool
01-24-2005, 12:24 AM
ok guys, as you know i played this hand.

prelfop i really thought i had 99. i didn't even realize i had 94 until i got checkraised on the turn. this of course should lead to an auto-cut-my-losses-fold except that I auto-3-bet faster than i should have auto-folded. any type of long hesittion would cause suspicion.

in the spur of the moment, i didn't do any math and i didn't even really know about the size of the pot, but one thing i did know was this, it was worth a shot becaue of what i thought he might have, which i put in order of likelyness

1) a flush draw delay semi-bluff or pure representing trips probably with overcard bluff, in which if he missed i could simply bet the river and win.

2) some type of weak made hand he might fold.

3) some hand that really has me crushed. i didn't put him on trip tens becsause tens would have been top pair on the flop and he would have checkraised me on this flop with the presence of the limper as a ton of 15/30 players will do here as they should.

so once he just calls my 3-bet i have in order of his hand:

1) flush draw
2) weak hand
3) monster

the fact that he didn't cap the turn throws monster right out the window. if he had, i would have obviously folded. he'd cap a fullhouse here 100% of the time and trip tens like 85% of the time or something.

weak hand? maybe, but a real thinker might have folded to the turn 3-bet with little chance to improve, especially with a midpair or something on the board with an overcard kicker because of counterfeiting problems, which was what i was really hoping. if this was the case, it would also require me to fire away again on the river, but then of course i'd have to and it would be +EV to do so obviously.

its fairly obvious that this guy had spades or overcard bluffed like 80% of the time here and some weak hand 20% that he called the turn 3bet with just in case.

Evan
01-24-2005, 12:28 AM
I need to play in bigger games, better players fold more.

GuyOnTilt
01-24-2005, 12:38 AM
prelfop i really thought i had 99. i didn't even realize i had 94 until i got checkraised on the turn.

Do you not use the 4-colored deck??? Either way, sounds like you're playing too many tables.

GoT

Chris Daddy Cool
01-24-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Do you not use the 4-colored deck??? Either way, sounds like you're playing too many tables.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't usethe 4-colored deck. I really should though. I just wasn't paying attention at the time, and I only play 3-4 tables. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

James282
01-24-2005, 01:29 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't usethe 4-colored deck. I really should though. I just wasn't paying attention at the time, and I only play 3-4 tables. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

There ar epeople that don't use the four color deck? As for the hand, it seems to me that he definitely doesn't have a ten, but some people who do lame bluffs like he did will get desparate and call on the end just in case, or if they river a 2 for bottom pair or whatever. But, I find myself three-betting a lot more turns when the top pair cards if there has been passive flop action, and it's short handed.
-James

GuyOnTilt
01-24-2005, 01:32 AM
I don't usethe 4-colored deck.

You should. It makes a big difference. This hand is a good example, as you wouldn't have misread your hand.

GoT

arkady
01-24-2005, 02:16 AM
Hero puts villain squarely on a spade draw, given villain's call on the flop or perhaps villain tries to raise on scare cards? I dont know, it all looks amazingly gutsy and is there any alternative to not 3 betting the turn? I suppose if there is no 3 bet, SB leads river and cdc HAS to raise the river...*shrug* - pretty good /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Justin A
01-24-2005, 02:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
There ar epeople that don't use the four color deck?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't use the four colored deck, and it's never been a problem. The shapes are enough for me.