PDA

View Full Version : 24 hours in Paris

Malone Brown
01-23-2005, 10:45 PM
Hey all,
I'm flying home from Korea in tomorrow and I have a 24 hour stop over in Paris (2pm -2pm). I've been to Paris a half douzen times but never been out of Charles de Gaulles airport. This is my first time Ive had a chance to leave the airport and I wa wondering what the must-do things are that I can do in a 24 hour period (besides eiffle tower which I'll surely hit)? How far is everything for C.d.G? I was considering hitting the Aviation club for a couple hours but I heard you need a membership or something like that? any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks all
Malone

istewart
01-23-2005, 10:47 PM
Thought this was about Hilton.

Malone Brown
01-23-2005, 10:52 PM
lol..sorry for the cock tease

Ray Zee
01-23-2005, 11:17 PM
lots to do and the public transit is easy to get around.

my spelling isnt right but if you like art hit the louvre\
musse de orse or the pomadieu which is the modern museum of art. all are great. if you are into picasso there is the picasso museum.
just walking around the various spots are great.
the aviation club can be walked into, dont worry. just wear something other than tee shirt or athletic shoes. bring passport. the club is just down from the arch de triumph .
notre dom is better than the tower.

Malone Brown
01-23-2005, 11:32 PM
Thanks for the info Ray,
Any idea how far aviation club is away from Charles de Gaule? I have alot of luggage and don't feel like luging it around the city
Thanks

jen
01-24-2005, 12:04 AM
"I was considering hitting the Aviation club for a couple hours..."

You're joking, right.

I was in Paris for ten days last fall, and it's definitely my favorite city in the world. You should buy a walking guide of the city before you go; order your meat not less than medium done (unless you like bloody) while there; check out at least the Louvre, Notre Dame, and Sacre Coeur; walk along the Seine. One of my favorite spots was a jazz club, I think in District 5, but the name escapes me at the moment. And of course the shopping should be incredible. Read "The Da Vinci Code" afterwards, if you haven't already.

Malone Brown
01-24-2005, 12:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
"I was considering hitting the Aviation club for a couple hours..."

You're joking, right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nope, my girlfriend said she'd kill me if I do all this without her (her flight doesn't stop in Paris), So I told her I'd do something unexciting while I was there. We plan on going there soon to do the whole "couple" paris thing so that's why I was concidering the Aviation club.
Malone

Tuco
01-24-2005, 12:26 AM
Forget the Louvre. You could easily spend a week in there and never see the same thing twice. You dont want to miss seeing the outside of it and standing in the square, but I wouldnt bother trying to go inside with that little amount of time.

Your best bet is to go to the modern art museum. I actually enjoyed it more than the Louvre (how many paintings of the Virgin Mary can you look at /images/graemlins/smile.gif). The other thing I would do is take a cab to the opera house and catch a ride on one of the green double decker city bus tours. You'll see all the things you need to fairly quickly.

Airport is about a 40 Euro cab ride if I remember correctly. Dont know anything about the aviation club.

Tuco.

kenberman
01-24-2005, 12:32 AM
if you've never been to Paris before, please don't go the Aviation club. There are more important things than poker.

Check out the Louvre, or Notre Dame, or just walk around the Latin quarter, go out for a couple nice meals. I think as long as you stay busy seeing interesting things, you can't go wrong. unless you spend your day in Paris playing poker.

andyfox
01-24-2005, 01:25 AM
If you go to one museum, make it the Musee d'Orsay rather than the Louvre. There will be long lines to get into the Eiffel Tower, but certainly give it a try. Take a boat trip on the Seine at night: the best one is the Bateaux Marches, but any will do. Notre Dame is awesome. Have a coffee ice cream cone at Berthillon (I think there are a few locations in the city.) And do a lot of walking, the whole city is a giant, spectacular museum.

jen
01-24-2005, 02:33 AM
Yes, it's probably more fun with the girlfriend. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif