PDA

View Full Version : Hold Em Odds Calculator?

cow_phunk
01-23-2005, 10:15 PM
Can someone tell me of a calculator or website that if I enter a range of hands it will tell me the odds that my opponent was dealt those cards. Example: What are the odds my HU opponent was just dealt either (AA - 88, AKo, AKs, AQo, AQs, AJs.) I'd like to get quick results instead of doing it long hand. Thanks for the help.

SossMan
01-24-2005, 01:24 AM
pokerstove may have that capability, but it's not a free program.

www.pokerstove.com (http://www.pokerstove.com)

cow_phunk
01-24-2005, 02:44 AM
Thanks for the reply SossMan - I have PokerStove (It is free by the way). It's a great program but I don't think it does it. It'd be nice to have a program tell you the odds of someone hitting a given range of hands. I'm sure it is out there.

SossMan
01-24-2005, 02:54 AM
i didn't know it was free.

seems it wouldn't be too hard to program into something like excel.

Pairs = 6 combos each
Unpaired cards = 16 combos
take out for your cards
divide from the total number of starting hands.

MLG
01-24-2005, 03:44 AM
Pokerstove absolutely does this. I can't believe you dont have it Soss. Its incredibly good.

cow_phunk
01-24-2005, 06:11 AM
MLG - Can you tell me how to do this in PokerStove? I know PokerStove will give me equity of one hand or range versus another hand or range, but how do I get just the odds on someone holding a certain range of hands? Thanks

johnd13
01-24-2005, 11:12 AM
I don't know of a calculator but there are several lists of the percentage of being dealt specific hands on the net. Poker school has one it's even in the Appendix of Brunson's book...