PDA

View Full Version : 2 pair heads up.

suspicious_mind
01-23-2005, 08:13 PM
100$ max NL

Everyone folds to SB who limps and I check with K7o in the BB.

Flop is 874 rainbow SB checks and I bet the pot, SB calls.
Turn is a king. SB checks, I bet the pot(6$) and now SB check-raises making it 18$ back to me. The SB has about 25$ left.
What would you do here?

I don't have any real read on the SB other than he seems pretty tight and conservative, I don't think he is capable of putting a move on me here with a straight draw.

suspicious_mind
01-24-2005, 03:11 PM
Anyone got any advice on what to do on the turn?
Would you have played it differently from how I played it up to the turn check-raise?

My read on the guy when he check-raised the turn was that he had a hand he thought was best, he wasn't bluff raising. So I either he had slowplayed some hand on the flop or that king helped him somehow, I guess I'm just unsure if I will have the best hand here enough to push my money in rather than fold.

amoeba
01-24-2005, 03:16 PM
is he capable of playing 87 this way?

I think most of the time I get my money in. if he has k8 or a set, oh well.

TrailofTears
01-24-2005, 03:19 PM
He might have just called your flop bet with two overs (KJ or KT) and the king hit him. He might think this is the best hand now since you would bet with the pair you made on the flop or your draw. I would get it all in here and think I am best at this point.

- ToT

PokerCat69
01-24-2005, 03:31 PM
I would call, even though it seems like 9 out of 10 times I lose with 2 pair.

Dubra
01-24-2005, 04:18 PM
i think you have him beat, get you chips in here. possibly he has KQ and your hand is good. no way im folding K7 here.

walterberk
01-24-2005, 04:28 PM
K7=Kevin

Rockatansky
01-24-2005, 05:00 PM
If you trust your read, then I think you have to fold this. Villain just massively overbet the pot and you have no idea where you stand. He could have any number of hands, including K-Q, A-K, K-4, K-8, or a set.

If villain is the sort that likes to habitually overbet the pot, I think you can wait for a better spot than this.

suspicious_mind
01-26-2005, 08:36 PM
The first thing that went through my mind when he check-raised me was that he had the straight, it just seemed so in line with how he had played so far. limped in with 56, trapped me by check-calling the flop and then check-raising the turn but then I started thinking he could just as easily have K4, 87, maybe 74, 84, maybe slowplayed AA, maybe AK etc so I decided to put him all-in right here instead of just calling and facing an all-in bet on the river. River was a blank and I lost 50$ to his flopped straight.

someone asked if he would play 87 this way, I don't know I had not played with him long enough to have such an exact read on him, all I can do is guess what hands he would play this way, I'm not even sure if there is any hand except the straight he could have. Maybe he would bet the flop with K8, check-raise the flop with 2 pair or a set and bet out on the turn with just a pair of kings.
I guess maybe the size of the raise should have given me a hint that he thought there was no way I had him beat and so he probably doesn't have just a king and maybe not the lower 2 pairs.