PDA

View Full Version : pokerstars review

05-01-2002, 01:48 AM
a quick review on pokerstars. (i do not work there.)

since pokerstars has their grand opening promotion going on right now, i've decided to check out their site. their software is as fast as paradise's software, but one thing i do not like is the holdem tables are 9 players max, where as paradise has 10 players max. (i guess 9 players so they can rake in money faster.)

i would tend to think the games are not very soft perhaps it's because they only attracted the paradise rocks? at least the games that i've played in are fairly tight. the 'see flop percentage' also indicates the same.

however, the bonus is ok, so anyone could give it a try to see it for yourself. anyways, only time will tell if they will become the next paradise poker or just another small time poker room.

05-01-2002, 06:15 AM
I don't really know about the limit games, but especially pot-limit omaha and omaha hi/lo games can be great. Also the tournaments are good.

Sometimes the flop percentage looks much higher in higher limit games than at paradise but like I said I don't know very accurately about those limit games. Oh, the stud hi/lo games can be very good sometimes, thats the only limit game I have played there. I played only $1/$2 to $4/$8 tho.

05-01-2002, 06:46 AM
Pokerstars is the best site in my opinion... the graphics are great and this week deposit bonus promotion made the place really busy!

Cashouts are fast and customer service is great. it might not become as big as paradise but i think it will become #2 of the internet poker world

A player!

05-01-2002, 09:30 AM
I will never play at a 9-max only site. Why not 10 players? I don't know. But I know that there are a lot of good sites with normal 10-max tables out there, and I want to play full handed games, i.e. 8-10 players, and if it's 9-max, it's sooooo much easier to fall down to 7 or 6 active players. Why would I willingly put myself in a situation like that? When I don't have to? Some people like playing shorthanded, and they have the 5-max tables at most sites now, but who prefers to play "semi-shorthanded" (6-7 players)? I have never heard anyone state that they do. For those who do, I recommend PokerStars and UltimateBet, for those who does not, I say, stay away!

05-01-2002, 03:01 PM
I agree Teddy. I quit playing there because of the 9-handed tables that got 6-7 handed 80% of the time. Too bad, because besides this I really liked the site.

05-01-2002, 04:55 PM
I believe Pokerstars is a good site. This week has been really good, they actually have some limit games going. In the past I have played there more than any other site and finding ANY but especially low limit games was tough. PL and NL going all the time. No doubt, they have THE BEST multi table tourneys on the web. Their software, I believe , is better and faster than Paradise. I would have to say it is my favorite site( as long as they can keep some low limit games going).

05-02-2002, 01:03 AM
9 max tables promote action. All major tournaments have 9 player tables. Pokerstars being primarily a tournament site (although hopefully cash action will build) this is the most logical format to use.

The software is good, the promos are great, keep it up.