PDA

View Full Version : Turn question

cockandbull
01-23-2005, 05:36 PM
I'm planning a to checkraise a bet, which i feel i quite likey from co. When UTG+2 bets and co folds i decide to carry it through anyway.

Does anyone lead the turn here, as villian is passive i think i'm folding to a bet here, also his won at showdown is low so i dont know if i can knock him off a worse hand with a bet.

UTG+2 is lp p, from 50 hands he holds stats of 35/2.5/1.3 w@sd 40

co is la a, from 50 hands 35/10/3.3 w@sd 57.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO calls, Button folds, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="blue"> hero??? </font>

deadmunny
01-23-2005, 06:02 PM
mmmm I would be tempted to check and call and see the river, but i guess the right thing is to check and fold to a bet, am i wrong?,

Regards David

murti
01-23-2005, 06:27 PM
Check- fold or bet- fold turn, u got 4 outs and pot is only 4BB. Fold and go for next pot /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nate tha' Great
01-23-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Check- fold or bet- fold turn, u got 4 outs and pot is only 4BB. Fold and go for next pot /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Check-folding is beyond awful.

cockandbull
01-23-2005, 06:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With a LP P betting here am i calling down? Should i lead out and fold to a raise. I'm really lost here.

Nate tha' Great
01-23-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

With a LP P betting here am i calling down? Should i lead out and fold to a raise. I'm really lost here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The natural play is to bet-fold.

Your opponent is somewhat passive, but hardly a rock, which means I think he'd be aggressive enough to bet out on the flop after two players had checked it to him with just a pair or pair/straight draw sort of hand, but probably not aggressive enough to raise on the turn with a hand that you're ahead of. Unfortunately, you're giving up some winning chances (4 outs) if you don't get to see the river, but I don't think there's quite enough in the pot to be overly concerned by that.

Check-fold invites him to steal the pot from you with a worse hand; that would only work against an extremely passive opponent who would need a flush to bet.

Check-calling on both the turn and river is almost never the correct plan when you've had the lead in the betting, and this hand is no exception. Imagine that your opponent has a hand like K /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/club.gif, which is quite a possible holding. This hand has a lot of outs against yours, with nine diamonds for splits, and 3 9's, 3 Aces, and two queens for a win (total = 12.5 outs). By checking, you allow him to decide between taking a free river card or a free showdown, and you remove any pressure on him to fold.

Bet-fold is the correct play by default.

cockandbull
01-23-2005, 09:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet-fold is the correct play by default.

[/ QUOTE ]

If when bet i'm called, am i check calling a river blank or bet folding again.

thanks for the response, its cleared a few things up.

harry