PDA

View Full Version : Watching the pros play at Pary NL25

soah
01-23-2005, 03:54 PM
Opened a table to watch.... first hand, button open-limps and min-bets the flop, blinds both fold.

Second hand, MP raises to $2 with AJs and bets half-pot on flop and turn with nut flush draw and gutshot... check the river. The button from previous hand, now in the CO, calls down with A2s. He catches bottom pair on the river for the win.

Third hand, 2 limpers and the BB takes it down with a $1 bet on a 543 flop.

Fourth hand not too interesting... BB and a poster in LP both flop a flush draw for free and both hit on the river.

Fifth hand UTG+1 minraises and everyone folds.

Sixth hand folded around to the blinds... they check down all three streets. 55 wins.

Seventh hand UTG limps, some folds, sb completes, bb checks. Flop ace high, sb checks, bb minbets, utg calls, sb folds... checked down the rest of the way. BB shows bottom pair, UTG shows QQ.

Eighth hand... CO and button limp, flop jack high gets checked around... ace on turn, bb bets $2, CO calls... river checked through. BB has A7, and CO shows KJ.

And now I'm falling behind because I narrate too slow.

tbach24
01-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Ahhh yes, good ol' Party. The way that the CO plays the 8th hand just reminds me of how good the people on that site are.

TheWorstPlayer
01-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Maybe the $2 was a bluff? That is much more likely than "Oh look! An Ace! I have an Ace! Cool! I'll bet $2!"

Come on, if you have a K, you definitely have to look him up.

soah
01-24-2005, 03:08 AM
I am now trying to determine whether pill didn't see this thread before his latest posts, or if he thought that these hands were played expertly.

edge
01-24-2005, 03:11 AM
Maybe it's levels upon levels of thinking, so that to the untrained eye, it looks like awful play?

Sometimes you have to think about what the other guy thinks you think he ... etc.

Right?

gvibes
01-24-2005, 03:16 AM
I'm not helping things in my first foray into NL25 after doing well at the 10+1's (all I wanted to do was beat .50/1).

Hand: I raise 4 or 5 limpers to 3.50 with AKs in the BB. Someone in MP (~50 VPIP after ~50 hands) calls.

round 1: flop comes J54, suits unimportant, I make a roughly half pot bet. MP calls.
round 2: turn is another 4. Another roughly half pot bet from me (I'm thinking what a horrible NL player I am right now).
round 3: river comes another J. I check, intending to give up this flipping hand (too much Napoleon Dynamte recently). MP puts me all in for last $10 and ... I call?!?

MP turns over Q10 for the two pair, queen kicker and MHIG - I double up.

I am not good.

theredpill
01-24-2005, 03:27 AM
Hold on. He puts you all-in for $10 on the river and you call with Ace high ? Is that why I can't beat these games? I would have certainly folded that. I would have bet on the flop but checked the turn. Is that why I can't beat these games ? I always think I'm beat ? How do you know he didn't pair up ?

gvibes
01-24-2005, 03:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hold on. He puts you all-in for $10 on the river and you call with Ace high ? Is that why I can't beat these games? I would have certainly folded that. I would have bet on the flop but checked the turn. Is that why I can't beat these games ? I always think I'm beat ? How do you know he didn't pair up ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I played that hand horribly - I'm a complete flippin' idiot. I think most would say throw out a decent bet on the flop, and then check/fold.

EDIT: Though I should note that I was getting 5:1 on that last call (50 in the pot, after the bet). So, now that I think about it further, I'm still a very bad player.

TheWorstPlayer
01-24-2005, 03:42 AM
The call there is fine. Getting there is terrible.