PDA

View Full Version : JJ Hand early

lebowski58
01-23-2005, 02:13 PM
8+1 tourney on Pacific. 20 people to start. Blinds 15-30 I haven't played a hand yet. T770. MP. J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif,J /images/graemlins/club.gif I open the pot with a raise to 120. I get one caller to my left. Flop comes 3, 10, K all /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I bet out 200. He calls. The turn is the J /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I bet 275. He raises me all in. I call.

Criticism?

Results below:
<font color="white"> He shows As Jh. </font>

Lloyd
01-23-2005, 03:45 PM
Pre-flop is fine. I would certainly bet the flop but would want to commit as few chips as possible - say around 2/3 of the pot. This doesn't give him odds to call if he has a high spade, and if he did flop a flush I can get off the hand with minimum damage. When he calls the flop bet and the turn is another spade, you're pretty much done. At this point all you can hope for is filling up so you have 9 outs with the remaining 3s, Ts, and Ks. I would check and if he makes anything other than a minimal bet (say half the pot or less), I would fold.

Tevyee
01-23-2005, 08:56 PM
Him only calling on the flop shows that he was probably on a draw. You should have however folded when he re-raised you all-in on fourth street. If he holds any /images/graemlins/spade.gif in his hand at that point he has you beat.