PDA

View Full Version : Pokerstars Arse It Up.

04-28-2002, 10:40 PM
Well, Pokerstars just made a right royal mess there.

Their server lost connections when the stud hi lo tournament was down to 12 players (8 get paid). This happened in the middle of a hand where I had my opponent outchipped (I was a medium stack), but he had the luxury of last recognised action before the disconnect. My hand was folded. It was also folded in the next hand, along with everyone else's, before they stopped the tournament (same opp was the bring-in then, so he was quite rightly happy those hands).

Disappointingly, no response from Pokerstars support in an hour and a half.

How do you all think this should be dealt with by pokerstars?

Since I had the opponent in that hand outchipped and he went on to place, I requested Pokerstars recompense me the equivalent of the place ABOVE that opponent in the final standings. I got dumped out in 9th - peevingly - after being short chipped this way.

Plus I want a nice Pokerstars ashtray or beer cooler for the aggravation..:)

How does this work? Any precedences?

Dogs

04-29-2002, 12:24 AM
"How does this work? Any precedences?"

Does it matter? PokerStars is in charge. Whatever they say goes.

I'll explain. It's an uregulated internet gambling site. If they want to give you money, good for you. If not, you're screwed. Simple as that.

If you go to log in tomorrow and find that their server has been shut down, say bye bye to your money. It's gone. I'm very suprised at the confidence you people show in these online sites. Does PokerSpot ring any bells?

04-29-2002, 12:45 AM
Well, I suppose I could go live in a cave up a mountain and eat apricots and milk and never expose myself to any tiny risk in life. Well, maybe I'll just live with the balance of risk/reward I decide to put myself under. Truth is, I'm not some paranoid nutcase who thinks half the worlds out to screw you.

Have a good night (but be careful if you peek through the curtains...might be Jeffrey Dahmer)

Dogs

04-29-2002, 12:48 AM
PS did get back, saying they'd review the matter.

Dogs

04-29-2002, 03:53 AM
"Truth is, I'm not some paranoid nutcase who thinks half the worlds out to screw you."

it's more than half.

04-29-2002, 04:25 AM
That is seriously the funniest post Ive read in a lonnnnng time. I like your humor dogs! 3 2 1

04-29-2002, 09:42 AM
Unfortunately for the likes of moron and his drum beating, Pokerstars came through this morning. Here's the email. They funded my account equivalent to 4th place, so I'm satisfied - although it would have been more satisfying to actually play down the final table instead.

"The problem was on our side, and we take full responsibility. As you can imagine we've had many emails, and we are trying our best to answer everyone promptly.

I can certainly understand your frustration and we would like to handle this matter fairly.

I reviewed the hand you provided, and although it is impossible to say what the outcome would have been if your hand was not folded, it is very likely

that you would have received at least half the pot. Obviously this hand had a large effect on your chances to finish in the money.

I have credited your account $192 (equivalent to 4th place).

I'm sorry about this experience.

Best Regards,

Kenny

PokerStars Support Team"

04-29-2002, 09:52 AM
Props to twodimes, the Mr T lookalike who had my back after I got shafted. The only one who seemed to notice or bother. Glad he/she came in 4th...(altho', hope it's a he with that picture..lol)

Dogs

04-29-2002, 09:56 AM
Guess that just gave away my handle on PS...

04-29-2002, 10:22 AM
Funny how threads like this fizzle out after things are resolved /images/smile.gif

I think we came up with a great solution to this problem - and would be interested to hear how others feel about it.

...dan

04-29-2002, 12:11 PM
Dan: "I think we came up with a great solution to this problem"

Do you mean recompensing a player who loses out in this manner due to mass disconnection? That's what I was asking in the original post too.

Another quibble about the tourney; when it was 10 players (9 getting paid), everyone started using their time banks in the hopes a player on the other table would go all-in. In this case it was me, since I wasn't going to start doing that nonsense.

When it gets towards the money places, I think the games should be played hand for hand. This would slow the game down, you may say.

But would it really? Consider that everyone starts running down their time banks - I think AT LEAST 2 minutes was used, if not more, when the other table stalled during my all-in hand.

How about hand for hand play when getting close to the paid spots?

Dogs

04-29-2002, 01:02 PM
Dogs,

Very good point, and something we are looking into - there was a very active thread on RGP on this topic, also.

Give me a little while to look into this, and I will start a new thread on this topic when we have some resolution.

...dan

Dan Goldman

VP of Marketing

PokerStars