PDA

View Full Version : Out of Control?

Rushmore
01-23-2005, 12:25 PM
Player Rakebreak just lost about $100K in one sitting headsup to player Dared at The Gaming Club $50/$100 NL game.

Is this not totally out of control?

I mean, I'm as much for personal freedom as anyone, but, you know...DAMN.

Burno
01-23-2005, 01:44 PM
Any word on who Dared is?

I've heard it's Hansen but that is simple rumor.

Ulysses
01-23-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm surprised that you find this surprising, given some of the stakes you've played. Individuals regularly blow through $50k in the UB 25/50 game. $100k is a lot, but not imo an amount worthy of special note in this aggro Prima game. Toss in the possibility that this person could be drunk/tilting/mad/whatever and it's easy. But none of those things are required for this to happen.

Or he could just have been in the mood to do some gambling. I've seen people blow hundreds of thousands at blackjack and craps tables many times. No reason someone can't do the same for high limit poker.

Anyway, it's all relative. Tons of people blow through 10 buyins at games like Party NL100. I bet for a lot of those people, $1000 has more impact on their lifestyle than losing $100k has for this guy's lifestyle.

meHIGHyouLOW
01-23-2005, 04:48 PM
He is 20-something swedish guy named Per Werner Svensson, he has been in at least one tv program and some magazines. He is also super nice "down to earth"-guy.
You can check his records from here: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=1955

And this is all 100% sure.

TylerD
01-23-2005, 08:30 PM
Dared (http://www.ladbrokespoker.com/community/playerprofile/general/?subsection=Player%20Profiles&alpha=D&offset=50&id =40&type_id=1)

Rushmore
01-23-2005, 09:29 PM
These are all valid points, Diablo.

Just for the record, I would never dream of sitting regularly in the UB 25/50 game.

There's a big difference between taking a shot and "playing in it."

Now, LIMIT's another story.

DOH!

I think my surprise is due mostly to the fact that it's the single largest single session loss I've ever seen anyone take online, and because it's approaching the milestone 100K number.

DangerGoodson
01-24-2005, 03:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He is 20-something swedish guy named Per Werner Svensson, he has been in at least one tv program and some magazines. He is also super nice "down to earth"-guy.
You can check his records from here: http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=r&n=1955

And this is all 100% sure.

[/ QUOTE ]
Damn. I was hoping he was a member of the "crew". 100k would be a great start to taking over the poker world.

Rushmore
01-24-2005, 09:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
He is also super nice "down to earth"-guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll tell you, the Rakebreak guy was going off, berating him and whatnot, and Dared just kept saying things like "We all have bad days," "I definitely got lucky a couple of times," and "It's a tough game."

Maybe he actually IS a nice guy.

(Not that this really matters at all.)

meHIGHyouLOW
01-24-2005, 03:59 PM
They are taking a rematch at 100/200nl at the moment.
Rakebreak started whine about dared have no class and after listening that dared said "ok fine lets play 30mins", so true gentleman /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Some railbirds claim tha rakebreak is actually spirit rock aka thenizzle aka mahatma.. And the way he moaned is exactly the same!