PDA

View Full Version : Party Step 5 Loose Push?

DangerGoodson
01-23-2005, 05:16 AM
Is this push incorrect?
Button has min. raised my blind three straight times

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t600 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t4080)
SB (t2985)
Hero (t2935)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Button raises to t1200</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t2935 (All-In)</font>, Button calls t1735.

Flop: (t6170) T/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Turn: (t6170) K/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

River: (t6170) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 1 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: t6170

slickpoppa
01-23-2005, 05:34 AM
Given that:
a) you have 5bb and no one has more than 7bb
b) the raiser has minraised you 3 times in a row
c) it is 3 handed

I do not think that is a loose push at all. In fact, it is the only good play. At this point it is basically a crapshoot. If you are afraid to put your chips in the pot, you will be blinded out.

Phoenix1010
01-23-2005, 06:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Button has min. raised my blind three straight times

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the stack sizes make it a definite push since you can't really wait for a better spot, but this fact would make me think about it a little more. Your opponent probably knows that you won't lay down forever, and are looking for an opportunity to play back at him. I would take into consideration that great players who are aware of table image have increasing standards for consecutive blind steals. Thus, after three straight min raises, I would think that he has to have some kind of hand here.

That said, with the blinds and stack sizes as they are, there's no way to pass up ATo, especially with 2100 in the pot. Even if he has QQ or KK, you're still getting favorable odds to push. Pushing almost certainly makes money in the long run here.

Congrats on the finish by the way. You're in Madison right? I think I've talked to you as UWMadisonCards. Do you buy-in to the step 5's directly?

Regards,
Steve