PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in helping to test my Poker Tracker plugin?

Laughingboy
01-23-2005, 04:44 AM
I've built a small extension to Poker Tracker (With Pat's permission). It's built on top of Microsoft Access XP (which comes with Office). It has the following features:

1) Links to your existing PT database and combines data.
2) Allows you to enter stats for Brick and Mortar games, and for games at sites not supported by Poker Tracker. (Nothing fancy, all manual, but valuable for #3 below)
3) Generates Session-based Profit and Loss reports suitable for doing your taxes, merging all poker tracker data and data entered manually into the extension.
4) Keeps track of your total bankroll at all sites, and an amount you'd like to reserve for brick and mortar games, including allowing you to track deposits and cashouts.

I need some guinea pigs to help me test it. It runs great on my machine, but I have no idea 1) if it will work well with a large DB. Mine is relatively small. 2) If it will run at all on other people's machines. I haven't done any kind of fancy deployment system yet. 3) If it will run on versions of access later than mine. (I'm running Access XP.)

I make no representation that it will work for you if you try it, but there's no danger of it messing up your PT database - it only reads, and never writes to it.

It requires Poker Tracker (duh) and Access XP. I'd also like to test it on Access 2003, so if you have that, cool.

Please vote so I can gauge interest. You can also PM me. If I get it stable for most people, I'll post a link here.

Cheers,
Sean

DrPhysic
01-23-2005, 10:21 AM
Let me know when you have a beta to try.

Doc
DrPhysic@satx.rr.com

Laughingboy
01-24-2005, 04:14 AM
Bump. Come on, surely a few more are willing to help me test it. I'm a better engineer than poker player, if that's your worry /images/graemlins/wink.gif

rwanger
01-24-2005, 03:42 PM
I'll give er a try

scottjf8
01-24-2005, 04:16 PM
I would like to test, since i play alot of b&m

scott@freedyhome.com

jnalpak
01-24-2005, 06:44 PM
ill give it a wack

grouchie
01-24-2005, 06:56 PM
i'll test it as well.

please send to grrouchie@gmail.com

jnalpak
01-24-2005, 09:17 PM
bump, ill give it a try jared.s.kaplan@gmail.com

mucho gracias

Laughingboy
01-25-2005, 04:27 AM
Thanks all, this is great. I'll have it ready to test in a day or two. (Still working on some deployment issues). I'll post a link when it's ready, and I'll also PM anyone who expresses interst here.

Cheers,
Sean