PDA

View Full Version : I heard 3/6 is more aggro

cockandbull
01-23-2005, 01:44 AM
Villian is an unknown, although with hindsight is probably a 2+2er (TAA).

Am i going way off base here. Flop seems standard( /images/graemlins/confused.gif), on the turn it seems im either way ahead or way behind (correct raise and call). Does anyone just call this river?

harry

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (6 max, 9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (10.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 caps</font>, MP2 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (11.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, Hero calls.

River: (18.16 BB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 24.16 BB

The converter seems to have messed up a little, this is a full game.

Harv72b
01-23-2005, 01:58 AM
This is about the way you have to play this one. If I had to guess, I'd say that you won this hand...I don't think UTG+1 would've pushed that hard on the turn with a made boat, and he certainly wouldn't have put in all those bets with KK (and not having the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif).

FWIW, I would've just called the turn bet.

Monty Cantsin
01-23-2005, 02:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think UTG+1 would've pushed that hard on the turn with a made boat

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth not?

/mc

Harv72b
01-23-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why on earth not?

/mc

[/ QUOTE ]

He's extremely unlikely to get outdrawn, but the possibility exists that someone else (like Hero) will make a very good 2nd best hand with another diamond?

Then again, this is probably the same misplay that I routinely make in these situations, so I'm probably wrong.

GrekeHaus
01-23-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think UTG+1 would've pushed that hard on the turn with a made boat

[/ QUOTE ]
Why not? I would have. If I'm the villain, I'm guessing the hero would call me until the river, so I'm just missing bets if I don't keep raising.

MattC
01-23-2005, 02:43 AM
i would check and make a crying call at the river expecting to muck to a full house. im not quite sure a set would cap at the flop here.

Aukai
01-23-2005, 03:14 AM
FWIW, I'm the villian in this hand. I'd be interested in more comments on both of our plays.

cockandbull
01-23-2005, 04:17 AM
I think you played it well, i'd play it the same way.

harry

Shillx
01-23-2005, 04:22 AM
This hand looks overplayed to me. Maybe even grossly overplayed. /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Brad

bugstud
01-23-2005, 06:01 AM
Given that you went 4 bets on the flop and 3 on the turn, let's get a hand range for our opp. He raises PF, calls the threebet. He then caps the flop and turn. So, he can have K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 77 some small amount of the time, TT or some oddly played smaller diamonds. You lose 3 bets against the boats and only gain one, if that, with the river raise against flushes. I know you drew, got there, but this is one of those cases where you simply cannot raise the river, imo.

utrnbmp3
01-23-2005, 04:36 PM
Hi everyone.. this is my first post. new to forum. haven't played online before.. so i might not be in the best position to give an opinion.

Preflop thoughts: UTG+1 seems to have a decent hand.
Flop: UTG+1 can have the following hands:
1)8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or other 89 suited (less likely).
2)J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or JQ one diamond.
3)AK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, AQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, AJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or KQ one diamond. KJ one diamond
4)22, 77, 10 10, JJ one diamond, QQ one diamond,

I would personally elmininate, K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ diamond.

I would probably just call the raise on the flop although re-raising is ok too.

Turn: I'm guessing you didn't like that card too much... A re-raise by UGT+1 doesn't feel so good. Now i'm thinking he has a 22, 77 or 10 10. KQ of diamond is still possible, so is JQ and KJ... but i'm leaning towards 22, 77, 10 10 the most. UTG+1 may put you at AJ AQ or AK diamonds..

Anyways, i would have called his bet w/o a raise.

River: I think he either has (in order of likelihood) 10 10, 7 7, 2 2, Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Given those cards, i would have called the river.
(btw i could be totally wrong!!!)

deadmunny
01-23-2005, 04:58 PM
IMHO, Given the amount of action, the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif rivers and he still bets without missing a beat, there is no way I am raising here, I will of course pay off his F/house /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Regards David

Shillx
01-23-2005, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi everyone.. this is my first post. new to forum. haven't played online before.. so i might not be in the best position to give an opinion.

Preflop thoughts: UTG+1 seems to have a decent hand.
Flop: UTG+1 can have the following hands:
1)8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif9 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or other 89 suited (less likely).
2)J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or JQ one diamond.
3)AK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, AQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, AJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or KQ one diamond. KJ one diamond
4)22, 77, 10 10, JJ one diamond, QQ one diamond,

I would personally elmininate, K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif and J /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ diamond.

I would probably just call the raise on the flop although re-raising is ok too.

Turn: I'm guessing you didn't like that card too much... A re-raise by UGT+1 doesn't feel so good. Now i'm thinking he has a 22, 77 or 10 10. KQ of diamond is still possible, so is JQ and KJ... but i'm leaning towards 22, 77, 10 10 the most. UTG+1 may put you at AJ AQ or AK diamonds..

Anyways, i would have called his bet w/o a raise.

River: I think he either has (in order of likelihood) 10 10, 7 7, 2 2, Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gifJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Given those cards, i would have called the river.
(btw i could be totally wrong!!!)

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forums.

This is backwards thinking. UTG+1 raised preflop, so it is pretty easy to pin him on a range of hands (he is a tight/aggressive player).

The hands that you eliminate (KQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, KJ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif) are the ones that he is likely to hold. He won't have something like 89s, QJs, 22 or even 77 when he raises preflop from an early position. Hands like TT and JJ and AK with the K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif are good possibilities.

Brad

cockandbull
01-23-2005, 05:16 PM
On the flop i'm thinking TT, JJ, QQ, KK with a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or AK AQ with a /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, maybe even KQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Although i'm new to 3/6 i'm ruling out 77 or 22.

Once my turn raise gets 3 bet im thinking KK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif, QQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or TT, KQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

When my draw gets there on the river im ruling out KK as it seems a strange way to play black kings. I guess my raise was a rubbish here.

harry

sthief09
01-23-2005, 05:17 PM
I think you played it fine. it's hard to peg him for exactly TT, which is the only hand you really fear