PDA

View Full Version : In defense of Paradise vs. Playboy

04-26-2002, 12:51 PM
This is my first post to this message board.

I am sick and tired of all this Paradise bashing. Hands down they are the most honest and well run site on the Net. I remember when they first came out. PP was the king and I played there. Then I saw that there were no longer any players there and I decided to give this new site that everyone was talking about a try. I never went back. All other site combined have fewer players than them.

All aspects of their operation are first class. Look at the description of their shuffling and randdom number generators -- you can see they are top notch technically (at least to me, and I have an MS in computer science). Look how careful they are to avoid spotlight -- that is a sure sign of a successful operation and the #1 leader who only desires other people/organizations/governments to stay out of their business.

I've had a few chances to deal with Paradise and all of those instances reaffirmed my view of them as a first class operation.

Once I had an all-in that I had to write them a message explaining why it happened. Tell me they don't care about the integrity of their games.

Once I accused a player of an all-in abuse. Within 15 minutes they sent me a well documented message why that player was OK -- and I agreed with them.

I once had technical problem and they worked very closely with one of their programmers and that was a great experience -- they even gave me $100 for my troubles.

And once, they sent me a message telling me that my chat priviledges would be suspended because I was chatting in a foreign language -- and I appologized to them like a good customer who values his priviledge to patronize a privately owned establishment.

Belive me, when they close some guy's account there is a lot under the surface that is not revealed. When you have millions of dollars invested in a business that is wildly profitable, you don't want anything to jeopardise it.

And just to finish this post off. Please stop all these posts about bad beats and poor shuffles. I've had AA loose to shameful hands and I've had big blinds kill other people's aces -- it's all part of the game and will never change just like the fundamental percentages that AA is better than 72.

04-26-2002, 01:49 PM
I'm in agreement with X. I've played on Paradise for nearly a year and they have been first class with me as well. When I had a concern or question, Paradise was clear and concise with their answer and I've never went away shaking their head. As for Paradise being rigged, I don't believe it. I've made a nice supplemental income on Paradise to which I have to say I've never encountered a problem when I cashed out. Sure, I have my share of KK and AA being cracked by 75o hitting their gutshot on the river, but like X says, it's a part of poker whether its in a poker room or online...I believe the bashers are the losing players who have to find an excuse for their inept play. Unless they prove to me other wise, I'll continue to play and support Paradise Poker.

04-26-2002, 01:51 PM
First off Playboy and FlatTop were both excellent players and did not need to be tossed any money from a friend -- like the rest of you whiny, losing players.

Secondly, Paradise has nothing to gain from banning these two players. These players take an infintesimal amount of loot to their bank accounts from paradise's coffers. Add to this that Playboy was a huge draw at 1-1 and had a big following, I can only assume Paradise enjoyed this level of publicity and word of mouth.

Conclusion: Paradise had a legit concern that is not apparent to the public and banned both accounts. Playboy and FlatTop are possibly guilty, probably innocent, and are playing you right now under a new screen name after reformatting their hard drive.

All you morons who say they are gonna stop playing on paradise because Playboy was banned are, well, morons. If Playboy jumped from a bridge and died, I'm quite sure all you lemmings would too right?

Good luck playing 43s UTG.

Jar

(paradise, if you are reading, please add $100 to my account for this post. Thanks.)

04-26-2002, 03:05 PM
Well said Jarjar, I know playboy is playing under a different screen name on paradise. But as far paradise goes that was a bad choice for them to get rid of such a high profile player.

Even though paradise is the biggest site out there u lack in many areas,

they dont have a 1 800 number

they dont have a live floorman

they lack in promotions

Playboy i'm 100% behind you buddy. Its paradise lose not yours. I guess we'll have to watch u under a differnet now,

Good luck

04-26-2002, 03:25 PM
Great post X. I agree with everything you said about Paradise as I also think they are a first class cardroom. Based on the thousands of players that play there every single day that positive sentiment seems to be very wide spread.

Looking at those hand histories that playboy posted, Paradise would be crazy not to take strong action. I could not imagine a more blatant example of intentionally trying to lose on purpose. Something extremely fishy was going on there and it makes me more confident playing there that those types of shananigans get caught by their security.

I have no idea whether playboy is innocent or not, but based on those hands I find it extremely strange that a complete stranger would be so eager to intentionally give his money away. The world I live in, people like money and don't behave like that.

04-27-2002, 12:02 PM
Guilty or innocent? I don't know or care. What this tells me is Paradise is serious and diligent about security whether you are a brand new micro-limit player or an established shark. Because of this action I will continue to play at Paradise.

04-27-2002, 05:22 PM
they dont have a 1 800 number

they dont have a live floorman

The more I play at other sites and try to cope with their customer service, the more I appreciate the quality of service at Paradise Poker. There are many monkeys in South America; some have been hired to provide live support at competing sites.