PDA

View Full Version : Sheesh,,,,,

cnfuzzd
01-23-2005, 12:39 AM
So, my cover story for my landlord is that i refurbish computers and sell them online. I also occasionally set up networks. So,,, after telling my new landlord this when he asks me what i do, he expresses his interest not only in building him a new computer, but also in helping him network his business. That will be fun to get out of....

Oh well, nothing can dampen my day, i got my new house key!!! One week until i am in my new place. I RAWK!!!!

peace

john nickle

ThaSaltCracka
01-23-2005, 12:40 AM
haha, funny.

Schneids
01-23-2005, 12:42 AM
Tell him you're booked for the next couple of months.

Then after he's seen some money from you if he ever pesters you about it tell him the truth.

deacsoft
01-23-2005, 12:44 AM
I have two ideas...

1) Tell him you're extremely overworked right now and just stall him, or tell him by the time you could get to it he could have had everything done 4 times.

2) See if he'll cut you a rent deal or find out what he'll pay you to do it. Then take his stuff and have it done by someone else for less and pocket the change.

Both of these are very sneaky and wrong. I'm good at coming up eith crap like this but could never bring myself to follow through on them. Just some thoughts.

Schneids
01-23-2005, 12:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

2) See if he'll cut you a rent deal or find out what he'll pay you to do it. Then take his stuff and have it done by someone else for less and pocket the change.

[/ QUOTE ]

Moral issues aside, this is a horrible idea if only because if the client is not too tech-savvy they tend to constantly call with a barrage of questions and issues, and will often think something isn't working but in fact it is. You do not want this.

deacsoft
01-23-2005, 12:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Moral issues aside, this is a horrible idea if only because if the client is not too tech-savvy they tend to constantly call with a barrage of questions and issues, and will often think something isn't working but in fact it is. You do not want this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good point. Nice to see we are in agreement over the first one though. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

TimM
01-23-2005, 12:53 AM
Hire some 14 year old geek kid who knows how to do it all. Pass him off as your helper.

Alobar
01-23-2005, 12:56 AM
I'm confused, you had to lie to your landlord in order to get the place? WTF is up with that? Who cares what you do as long as you can pay the guy. It's not like you are slinging rock or something.

Anyway, next time come up with something alot more dull sounding when telling people a lie about what you do. My favorite is to tell people I am a "statistical analyst". Most common response is "oh..." If they ask anymore stupid questions (which is vary rare, come up with one question youd ask a statistical analyst) its usually, "where do you work?" then just tell them "over the internet"

daryn
01-23-2005, 01:38 AM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
It's not like you are slinging rock or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

slinging rock would be way more profitable and stable.

ilya
01-23-2005, 01:41 AM
At least you didn't tell him you're a plumber

Alobar
01-23-2005, 01:57 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
It's not like you are slinging rock or something.

[/ QUOTE ]

slinging rock would be way more profitable and stable.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but there is also the threat of random gunfire and the police kicking in the door. Or the place just exploding from your meth lab

Sponger15SB
01-23-2005, 02:03 AM
[ QUOTE ]
he expresses his interest not only in building him a new computer, but also in helping him network his business.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

that is all.