PDA

View Full Version : 1 on 1

04-26-2002, 12:45 AM
It seems to me that most of the troubles that on-line poker can face come from the money laundering aspects of heads-up play. I would not be surprised if they discontinue 1 on 1 completely, and keep the ring games, as that may help the avoid the BS coming from our f'ed-up government (rings game cheating is different from money laundering troubles / investigations). I would suspect that 1 on 1 is going to go away soon for just the type of situations that are listed below. I can't see that they make that much money from heads-up anyway.

04-26-2002, 06:11 AM
They make a hell of alot more money one one one. The game is about 5 times as fast. I mainly play one on one #-6 at paradise and drop at least 30 - 50 dollars an hour there to the rake.

I am a winning player at paradise and would vbe very disappointed if they dropped the game.

04-26-2002, 09:16 AM
While they main gain more rake per hour in relation to the amount of players playing in 1on1, I am sure that they lose alot more players indefinately to players like Playboy. A weak player can easily lose his entire buyin in one night playing headsup, however, this player may have lasted for weeks at a ring game, contributing much more to the rake. Nevertheless, this whole matter seems rather amusing, and I am curious as to what comes of it.