PDA

View Full Version : collusion at a party SNG

The4Aces
01-22-2005, 10:33 PM
Hello, i am wondering what i should do. I was just playing in a 10+1 SNG i get delt A Q and someone raises 600 i go all in. He says Pocket Ks telling everyone else at the table what he had. causing everyone else to fold. What should i do? He went on to win the tournamnet. If these other players would have called i would have probably beat them and accumulated some chips.

DrewOnTilt
01-22-2005, 10:40 PM
Let me get this straight. He announce that he had pocket kings. He actually DID hold pocket kings. YOu had AQ. An ace hit or you somehow else beat him, and you won the hand.

Correct?

The4Aces
01-22-2005, 10:42 PM
No, he won the hand he DID have pocket Kings. I do not know if him announcing this hand caused everyone else to fold, but everyone did fold. A queen came and i lost the pot, but if one of the other players called i probably would have won.

The4Aces
01-22-2005, 10:42 PM
I mean won against the other player not against the guy with kings.

JayLeno
01-22-2005, 10:57 PM
I assume you had alot more chips than he did - and would therefore probably had won the sidepot?
Anyway, send an email to party alert with the handhistory.

The4Aces
01-22-2005, 11:02 PM
ya i was like 2x his stack.

jon593
01-22-2005, 11:27 PM
i would email party to let them know he announced his hand before eveyone else folded. maybe party will refund you but i doubt it

Cry Me A River
01-23-2005, 01:13 AM
Be thankfull you're playing against these kinds of idiots, put this guy on your buddy list and play with him as often as possible - Given the kinds of hands players at low buy-ins will call with, he may have blown a chance to have tripple or quadruple up. I don't know how many times I've seen people push with a hand like 55 after two or three people go all-in pre-flop before them.

StellarWind
01-23-2005, 01:31 AM
I don't know that collusion is the correct word for a unilateral announcement.

Nevertheless it's a serious breach of the rules. Report it to alerts@partypoker.com. Let us know what they do about it. I'm interested to know whether they take this seriously.

flafishy
01-24-2005, 01:55 PM
I don't think he broke any rules. He announced it for all at the table to see. Now if he were to be IM with someone and tell them privately or something, that would be a breach of the rules.

Subby
01-24-2005, 02:01 PM
I was in a $20 sng once where a guy said "Ack...I gotta get outta here...who wants my chips?" He then went all-in and was called by another player. He flips over AA and the other player had something like QTo and promptly busts.

Easily the most evil bluff I have ever seen...

nnoobi
01-24-2005, 02:12 PM
I've seen that before (although the guy had KK's).

Obviously, the right response is 'Maybe on the next hand.'

rabbit

Stupendous_Man
01-24-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was in a $20 sng once where a guy said "Ack...I gotta get outta here...who wants my chips?" He then went all-in and was called by another player. He flips over AA and the other player had something like QTo and promptly busts.

Easily the most evil bluff I have ever seen...

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen this a couple times and laughed each time the all-in was called. I play SNGs infrequently, so I don't know if the player was the same or not. The first time I saw it, I laughed and thought nothing of it being a "routine" the person may use. It wasn't until the second time I saw it that I thought a player could being using it as a regular ploy.

I believe I saw another thread a few months back about a similar thing happening in a MTT late in the tournament. Guy claims he's not interested in the top place or top X number of places as he wants cash, not a seat into another tournament. After making the comment several times or something, someone buys into it and goes all-in. Sucker goes bust on the bubble. Don't quote me, but the story was close to this.