PDA

View Full Version : Party Poker 200+15

grouchie
01-22-2005, 10:24 PM
Cashed in a 30+3 today and Thinking of using that money more-or-less as a free roll into the 200k guaranteed tourney.
My question is, how many places usually pay and how hard of a tournament is it?
I know it's going to be a lot harder than the typical tournament that I buy into, just curious what everyone has to say.

SA Goon
01-22-2005, 10:27 PM
Why not try to qualify via satelite?

grouchie
01-22-2005, 10:32 PM
I tend to avoid the satalites.
In most stalites, you have to at least make the final table just to qualify. So, instead of entering a sat. to the 200k tourney, i entererd a $30 buy-in tourney and cashed there, netting me nearly enough to free-roll into the 200k.

So, basically, it was the same thing as a sat. to me.

My logic could be way off on it, but that's how I'm kinda lookin at it right now.

Of course, I should maybe just figure my tourney skills aren't good enough and pass on it, using the money to play SNG's or something to get practice.

MichaelOar
01-22-2005, 10:41 PM
I'll always remember my first "big" Party tourney--the old Saturday "$300+20" that they used to have. I had qualified via a single table sat that concluded maybe 20 mins before the start of the tourney (that I played while on the phone with my mom!). 8 hours later, I had finished 3rd for $18k.

Anyway, if you want to take a shot, I say go for it-especially if it feels like a freeroll!

Michael