PDA

View Full Version : Will HoH improve my SNG game?

David04
01-22-2005, 09:29 PM
NM

Roman
01-22-2005, 09:44 PM
n/m

Gramps
01-22-2005, 10:22 PM
Ignore the "mini-raise and fold to a push" advice. Unless you're playing against me, of course. The last thing you want to do late is give chips away for free with no showdown.

Scuba Chuck
01-23-2005, 03:10 AM
what is HoH? and NM?

illab
01-23-2005, 03:27 AM
I really enjoyed the book but almost all the strategy involves situations early in tournaments at full tables so it might help make a little more money in level 1-3. Volume two is going to deal more with how to play with higher blinds and shorthanded tables so it would probably be more helpful to SNG players.

Michael C.
01-23-2005, 03:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I really enjoyed the book but almost all the strategy involves situations early in tournaments at full tables so it might help make a little more money in level 1-3. Volume two is going to deal more with how to play with higher blinds and shorthanded tables so it would probably be more helpful to SNG players.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, but I still loved the book and thought it was the best book on No Limit Hold 'Em yet written. It is true about the shorthanded part being in volume 2, but even there I think he gave some solid principles on when to raise, make continuation bets, etc., that can apply. I would highly recommend it.

David04
01-23-2005, 11:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
what is HoH? and NM?

[/ QUOTE ]
Harrington On Hold 'Em. NM=No Message

Thanks for all the replies, I'm gonna pick this book up when I get a chance.