PDA

View Full Version : Promo Bucks and Promotions

04-24-2002, 11:53 PM
Hello all, I have before now refrained from posting on this forum as we do not presently advertise here and certainly don't want to be perceived as "hijacking" this forum from the many rooms that do advertise, however I would like to have a say on our Promo Bucks policy and promotions.

We strongly believe in making the Promotions we run at ACR both fun AND attainable for ALL our players. I won't go through them all here however we do have something everyday of the week and I'm sure a lot of players will agree that they are indeed both enjoyable and can be profitable.

It seems the main concern is not the promotions but the way in which we distribute there prizes as "Promo Bucks". There has been a lot said about our withdrawal restrictions on these promos, and I would like to state exactly how it is that I view them (and did so when offering them) - obviously many will have differing views and see them in a different light which is fine, however this was our intentions when implementing them...

Most importantly they are and have been designed as bankroll starters/boosters and never as flat out cash prizes. An example is our current freerolls, the $25 prize if there to both make the tournament a little more enjoyable and realistic then it would be with no prize and also so that if you do indeed win one or two you have the instant opportunity to try out our live games and would hope enjoy yourself and thus continue to spend some time playing at ACR.

With that said many have indeed enjoyed the room and also built that initial prize up to a considerable amount which they have then been able to cash out with no difficulties whilst continuing to play in and enjoy our room and further promotions we have running.

Whilst this is our desired way to see the Promo Bucks and Promotions we run used, some will and do wish to simply play out the min requirements and cash out there $ which is fine and they are more then welcome to do so, however I certainly make no apologies for enforcing a strict play policy in order for us to continue being able to offer these very types of promotions to both our new and regular players.

AmericasCardroom has given out well over $40k in just the last month alone so I not only know that there are many happy players out there, but would also hope that many feel we are being fair and reasonable with what we give back and offer all our players. We are only a couple of weeks away from full completion of the room and I do listen and take note of all critique offered so please feel free to contact me personally as we continue to build you a fun, friendly and option packed room to play in online.

Torstyn Cole

General Manager

gm@americascardroom.com

1-888-242-5401 (Free call USA & Canada)

04-25-2002, 01:36 AM
"With that said many have indeed enjoyed the room and also built that initial prize up to a considerable amount which they have then been able to cash out with no difficulties whilst continuing to play in and enjoy our room and further promotions we have running."

I can attest to this statement.

I am by no means a "winning" player as I usually either break even, win a small amount or lose my ass, but with the promotions ACR runs I am able to stick around and play more. I have played there for about a month and a half now(Also have never played Hold' Em before this time) and have easily won about $1000 in promotions. While this may not be much to the higher limit players, it is a great deal to someone like myself that has to balance the enjoyment of playing(and learning how to play) poker with raising a family of 5.

Maybe I just play too damn much, but I have had no problems at all in getting my raked hands in and clearing out my delayed withdrawals. I have also cashed out some of this money and had it in my PayPal account early the next business day.

As someone said earlier...this is a business that hopes to retain a playerbase and they are not here just to give out free cash for everyone that walks through the door and then leaves. It adds up over time if you stay long enough and really isn't as hard as some make it sound to get "free'd up".

LLAMA

04-25-2002, 01:40 AM
"I am by no means a "winning" player"

quit calling big raises with KQo and you'll have more success. good luck.

04-25-2002, 01:53 AM
I appreciate the input.

As a matter of fact, I just picked up "The Theory Of Poker" by David Sklansky today with some of my "promo bucks" winnings. I hope I made the right choice in books for a beginning player.

This probably should be on another thread though, so I will end the conversation here.

LLAMA

04-25-2002, 11:43 AM
"AmericasCardroom has given out well over $40k in just the last month alone"

Didn't PokerSpot do roughly the same thing?

Still waiting with a $500 marker....

04-25-2002, 12:20 PM
my favorite site, but ACR is closing the gap quickly. Hope for youre continued success ACR!

04-25-2002, 12:30 PM
"AmericasCardroom has given out well over $40k in just the last month alone "

Of course, if you give it away as promo bucks it may never actually leave the site.

7 hours of play (~140 flops seen) and I'm just over half way to earning my first $25. Not counting the time it took to actually earn the promo bucks in the first place that should work out to about 10 hours of play to "win" $25. You do the math.