PDA

View Full Version : AKo Stars Turbo 500 SNG hand

Jason Strasser
01-22-2005, 08:51 PM
Im UTG+1 with AKo and a stack around T1400. Blinds are 25/50. UTG (thetakeover) makes it 150. He's a good aggressive player. I reraise to 450 after pondering a shove. Holdemphil cold calls in MP, folds to thetakeover who folds. I put Phil on AK, QQ-22 range of hands. He seems to love to see flops with any pair. I think he would dump AQ though to a raise and a reraise, that seems very straightfoward and he is good player.

Flop Q64r. I check, Phil checks. Turn: 4. I check, Phil bets T250, I move all in.

Thoughts?

-Jason

Tosh
01-22-2005, 09:08 PM
I like it based on the overall action and your descriptions.

It seems strange to me though that Holdemphil would make this sort of call preflop with as wide a range as you put him on. I am being very tight against an UTG raise and UTG+1 reraise.

Jason Strasser
01-22-2005, 09:10 PM
I've seen him call some pretty impressive PF bets with baby pairs.

SmileyEH
01-22-2005, 09:22 PM
He would play QQ and JJ on down probably the same way. I like the play though, I doubt he calls with anything less than a set and if he does get stubborn with JJ at least you are drawing live.

-SmileyEH

Tosh
01-22-2005, 09:30 PM
What are your thoughts on that? Sorry to deviate off topic but I'm curious about this.

Ezcheeze
01-22-2005, 10:04 PM
Why wouldn't you bet the flop? If his preflop calling range is as you state then is he calling an all in bet on that flop with anything but AA KK or QQ? What does he put you on after you reraise an UTG raise?

After you check the flop and turn you make it look very unlikely you have anything except no pair or QQ and also your raise isn't very much compared to what he bet and whats in the pot. So I don't like the turn check raise much since I don't think he folds any pair. Hes even more unlikely to fold a pair on this specific board given that the 4 paired on the turn.

Ezcheeze