PDA

View Full Version : CHAT not allowed (fun)

04-24-2002, 08:03 PM
I was in an omaha high game yesterday in which a player told me that chat was not allowed..

heres what happened..

3 players involved in pot.

player 1 and 2 limps in and player 3 makes the maximum raise. (player 3 is a good player and probably has Aces or atleast kings in the whole)

player 1 repops it and and player 2 calls. Player 3 again makes max raise.

2 and 3 calls.

By this time the pot is about $125

flop is J72 (no flush draw)

everyone checks.

turn is a 7

everyone checks

river is a rag....(still no flush or str8 poss)

at this point player1 bets the pot. player 2 folds . and player 3 goes into the box..

At this point i write in the chat CALL HIM LOL

I do this because I want to see his hand.

anyways player 3 is a strong player and folds.

at this point player one shows down his hand. AJ xx.

two pair Jacks and 7s

and the table salutes the player for a good bluff.

Anyways,

a player not involved in the hand tells me to shut up and not chat at the table.

I politely ask why and he basically starts calling me a idiot, imbecile and other nasty names.

He says that he will report me to paradise for this.

I decided to have a little fun with the guy and ask him where he is used to play where chat isnt allowed...

he keeps basking me and I respond by saying something like....

so tell me are you allowed to use the restroom where you play....

Now, in the hand that I mentioned I didnt hold any Key cards whatsoever so was it wrong of me to ask for a call??

This perticular game was a social game in the sense that there was a lot of chit chat all d time.

And, are we just supposed to accept the rudeness and bad behavior of players who just bash you for asking a simple question.

If you are interested i can post the chat that occured....

omahahighpotlimitisgolden!!!!

04-24-2002, 08:20 PM
certainly this guy is acting like an ass but I believe any comments suggesting, however light-heartedly, how others should play during a hand or referring to the hand in play in any way are innappropriate. Consider this situation, you much 22 UTG, lots of callers pre-flop then the flop comes K22. You type, "shouldn't have mucked 22 LOL" or in a live game you ask the dealer for your cards back or moan to the guy next to you or any of the things people do. Is that fair? Just because it's not done for your own profit doesn't make it okay to give information like that away while a hand is going on.

04-24-2002, 10:37 PM
yes I agree with what you say.

but like I said in my post.

I didnt say any of that.

I even specified that I didnt have any key cards whatsoever.

and like i said, it was a very social game.

the fact that I put a LOL in there should also indicate to everyone that I just wanted to se the hands due to the oversized pot.

any other opinions?

04-24-2002, 11:22 PM
no you didn't say any of that but you did say "Call the hand" which would fall under comments about an ongoing hand. Maybe I here that, it gets me off the fence and I call, or it makes me think the better might be a habitual bluffer and you know something I don't, or it makes me fold because I don't want to seem like I'm doing what this guy said. I don't think it's a big deal but I do think it affects the hand and it matters.

04-24-2002, 11:30 PM
You were wrong. you shouldn't have commented on a hand in progress, even if you did put LOL in comment.

Though you didn't have any key cards the others players wouldn't have known that. The fact that you didn't have key cards is in fqact more information as well.

04-25-2002, 08:27 PM
IMO this was an abuse of chat. You were giving advice during the play of a hand. If you did a similar thing in a live game you would be reprimanded (or would deserve to be).