PDA

View Full Version : Party 2/4 hand question

ace_in_the_hole
01-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 3.50 BB

Does anyone check the flop for the big bet on the turn??

mantasm
01-22-2005, 08:15 PM
No, bet and get called by a weaker ace. And there's that 2 flush on the board to worry about too.

ace_in_the_hole
01-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Thanks, thats what I was thinking, if the board is rainbow, should I check to hope for on eof them, to hit a weaker two pair?

deadmunny
01-22-2005, 08:22 PM
No, You have your flop, why check? especially with a poss flush on board if they wanna chase make them pay for it.
If the board is rainbow same applies, I am always wary of a player raising then an Ace flops and they check, to me more often than not it means they have hit.

Your problem with a paired board is when you bet the $4 turn and get a raise.......

mantasm
01-22-2005, 08:22 PM
Probably not then either. In these games I think you're losing money by not betting the flop because there's a good chance you'll be called all the way by hands with 2 or 3 outs.

I remember tommy angelo posting a hand like this a while back in which he didn't bet the flop, you might want to read that thread. But in party small stakes, I'll always bet this.