PDA

View Full Version : I've always wanted to checkraise a river with 62o....

Harv72b
01-22-2005, 07:41 PM
Reads: Both opponents were fairly unknown at the time of the hand, although MP1 was looking kinda sLAGgy.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.50 SB) K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (7.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Button calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, MP1 calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 25.75 BB
<font color="#009B00">Main Pot: 25.75 BB, between Button, Hero and MP1.</font>

Anyone play this any differently? I had a moment of panic on the turn where I thought that Button might have flopped a better two pair.

Thomsen
01-22-2005, 07:47 PM
I would have feared 55/66 or kk(not as likely) as well on the turn - actually enough to only check call the river too.

Harv72b
01-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Any other comments?

Nick C
01-22-2005, 09:58 PM
I'd start getting worried on the turn too. Button certainly is putting in a lot of action (your flop check/3-bet didn't faze him) if he just has top pair, and people don't always slowplay their sets on the flop. Except for the king, the board is more likely to have hit you as the big blind than anyone else, but I guess possibly Button isn't thinking about that. Plus, since Button didn't raise preflop, the chances go up that if he just has a king he might have some concerns about his kicker. (Incidentally, though, I do see people play AA this way from time to time.)

I might just lead the river, not wanting to have to put in three more big bets. However, if your hand is best, the checkraise is a more reliable way to assure yourself of two bets. (Button certainly isn't acting like he's going to check behind.) I should add, though, that I do slow down too soon sometimes.

Hopefully, Button had something like K6 or even just an overplayed AK or an optimistically played (on the flop) 43s (and not hearts), and you won a huge pot.

Edit: It just occurred to me that A /images/graemlins/heart.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif (or some other king suited in hearts) is another possible holding for Button.

Harv72b
01-22-2005, 11:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Hopefully, Button had something like K6 or even just an overplayed AK or an optimistically played (on the flop) 43s (and not hearts), and you won a huge pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll post what Button had later tonight....let's just say it earned a note. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

FWIW, my thinking on the flop/turn action...

I was most concerned about something like K6s. KK not raising second in from the Button is unlikely, but I have seen stranger in this game...66 &amp; 22 seemed unlikely, simply because I could already account for 2 of each between the board &amp; my hand. The more I thought about it, the more it seemed like a badly overplayed top pair.

Nick C
01-22-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was most concerned about something like K6s. KK not raising second in from the Button is unlikely, but I have seen stranger in this game...66 &amp; 22 seemed unlikely, simply because I could already account for 2 of each between the board &amp; my hand. The more I thought about it, the more it seemed like a badly overplayed top pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I do think this is good reasoning.

The amount of action Button is giving in the face of heavy resistance is what would have had me worried. If I checkraised the river, I wouldn't have liked getting 3-bet.

Edit: Well, actually, MP1's 3-bet wouldn't have bothered me so much. (I'd kind of forgotten about him and didn't notice that he was the one who put in the river 3-bet. A suited king of hearts seems very likely to me for him.) But I'd be worried it would come from Button instead.

SoCalPat
01-22-2005, 11:54 PM
62o? I've got that one beaten /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm in the BB with 24o, UTG limps and eight players see the flop of A36 rainbow.

UTG bets and all but one call, giving me an easy call at 15-1 to see the turn, which is a K, completing the rainbow.

Again, UTG bets out. Five people call, giving me 12.5-1 and another call to see the river.

River is a beautiful 5. I check, UTG bets, gets three callers and I make my dramatic entrance with a raise and everyone calls.

UTG turns up AK ... believe me, I was LMAO for several mintues after that one.

As for your hand, it would be truly tragic to lose a BB special like this to someone limping with K2. 66 is a definite possibility given the play on the flop. I've got to believe your hand is good, but why do I have the sneaky feeling that Villian limped with KK? If he's got 34h, I'll be convinced that you really pissed someone off in a previous life.

Harv72b
01-23-2005, 12:01 AM
Oh, hell...I can't stand the suspense anymore. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

When Button only called the river 3-bet, I knew my hand was good...and MP1 had caught the backdoor flush:

Hero has 6d 2s (full house, twos full of sixes).
MP1 has Kh Th (flush, king high).
Button has Jc Kc (two pair, kings and twos). /images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Outcome: Hero wins 25.75 BB.

EDIT: I think the talk of Party 2/4 drying up has been greatly exaggerated.

Harv72b
01-23-2005, 12:03 AM
Yeah, if Button had been the one to 3-bet me, I would've just called there.

Nick C
01-23-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
When Button only called the river 3-bet, I knew my hand was good...and MP1 had caught the backdoor flush.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good read. I like your river cap. (And I wish I'd read the river action correctly in the first place.)

[ QUOTE ]
Hero has 6d 2s (full house, twos full of sixes).
MP1 has Kh Th (flush, king high).
Button has Jc Kc (two pair, kings and twos). /images/graemlins/ooo.gif
Outcome: Hero wins 25.75 BB.

EDIT: I think the talk of Party 2/4 drying up has been greatly exaggerated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, in the last couple of weeks Party 2/4 has seemed very LAG to me.