PDA

View Full Version : Checkraisnig with 44 on a scary board.

ElSapo
01-22-2005, 07:25 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: FrogTheSuperSpy is BB with 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB completes, FrogTheSuperSpy checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, FrogTheSuperSpy checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks.

Turn: (2 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, FrogTheSuperSpy checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">FrogTheSuperSpy raises</font>...

Waste of bets? Best hand? Standard? Suicide? No real read on UTG+1 ... he seems to be too lose, but he's showing down not-awful hands.

Nate tha' Great
01-22-2005, 07:28 PM
Why not just bet it yourself?

cold_cash
01-22-2005, 07:31 PM
You're risking 2 to win 3. I think I'd rather just fold.

What's the plan for the river if he calls the check-raise?

Harv72b
01-22-2005, 07:47 PM
The odds aren't really there, but I think Hero has an excellent chance of taking down the pot right here. UTG+1 checked through to close the action on the flop, so he could safely have bet a Q or a J there (or both)...nobody takes the last person's bet seriously anyway.

Hero either gets check/raised by someone making a terrible slowplay, or Hero wins this right here. Especially with the pot so small.

Derek in NYC
01-22-2005, 07:48 PM
Not a big fan of the checkraise here. The action makes no sense. If you had a Q or J, you would have bet it on 4th street, after checking through on the flop. So the only hand you could legitimately be checkraising is 33 or a spade draw. An aggressive villain, even if on a purely positional bet, might reraise.

ElSapo
01-23-2005, 01:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
An aggressive villain, even if on a purely positional bet, might reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

And that's exactly what happened. Bad check-raise, I think.