PDA

View Full Version : Peculiar JTo in BB, massive pot

private joker
01-22-2005, 07:05 PM
No individual reads (there are simply more Party 2/4 players than my PT export notes can keep track of, evidently), and although this was my first orbit at the table, I could tell it was very, very loose and full of bad players.

Preflop, I was getting 9:1 on my call and closing the action. JTo is weak, but I think it's a relatively clear call.

On the flop, I decided to bet into the PF raiser to try to push out the stragglers by charging them 2 bets. Boy, did that fail. With two guys cold-calling, I figured my TPMK might not be good. Luckily I turned top 2, and had to check-raise. Or did I?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, SB calls.

River: (19 BB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Final Pot: 22 BB

Evan
01-22-2005, 07:08 PM
I like it. That is my detailed analysis.

Kaz The Original
01-22-2005, 07:10 PM
Well played on every street. What are you doing if a 3 falls on the turn? A 2?

private joker
01-22-2005, 07:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well played on every street. What are you doing if a 3 falls on the turn? A 2?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd probably check and see what happens. If it's one bet back to me I call. If there's a bet and a raise, I know I'm beat. I'd have to calculate the odds I had to improve and the chances that improvement would be a winner, so... in short, "it depends."

Nick C
01-22-2005, 07:31 PM
SB's turn checkraise does make me somewhat concerned about 98 or a slowplayed set, but I like the 3-bet anyway, as there's a good chance that what happened on the turn is that he picked up a draw to go with his pair or even simply that he turned top pair when you turned top two.

gaming_mouse
01-22-2005, 07:51 PM
"Peculiar" is a great word.

Nice hand.

private joker
01-23-2005, 03:08 AM
The results in this hand were hilarious, so I'll post them. SB had T7 for the flopped 2 pair (attempted a tricky wait-for-the-turn-to-check/raise FPS nonsense).

MP3 had AA. And he just called, called, called. All he had to do is 3-bet preflop and SB and I would have been outta there.

So yeah. MHIG.

jason_t
01-23-2005, 03:33 AM
FPS = fancy play <font color="black">[censored]</font>???

Nice hand.