PDA

View Full Version : FPS Screws Me

theBruiser500
01-22-2005, 06:07 PM
This flop is really bad for me in a multiway pot, I figured if I 3 bet now and it gets capped I don't know where I am plus I'm probably not in good shape vs 4 people and I might be comitting myself. This seemed like a good situation to wait for the turn to raise if a good card comes. GOod thinking, bad?

Okay best card possible for me on turn, I figured a c/r was a sure thing here. Maybe I just got unlucky when it got checked around. On the river I'm thinking this is a clear lead out and fold to a raise situation.

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $15.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds.

Flop: (11.66 SB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, MP1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (9.83 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

River: (9.83 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+2 checks, CO checks, Button checks.

Final Pot: 9.83 BB

TStoneMBD
01-22-2005, 09:17 PM
this hand is almost identical to the interesting AA post i just recently made.

Brunger
01-22-2005, 11:05 PM
I think that leading the turn is the best play here. With the flop it is very likely that you were raised by draws looking for free cards. If someone was unlucky enough to flop a set you will get 3-4 bets in charging the draws through the nose. Even if someone raised you with a pair that K may scare them into checking. So give it the stop and go.

Bet-fold the river is OK but I probably pay off given the all coldcalled raises and therefore are unlikely ( or at least should be) to be holding a 7.

eL CardinaL
01-22-2005, 11:32 PM
WHy didn't you 3bet the flop? You cant protect your hand in this big pot so just get the money in when your ahead. 3bet flop and 3bet turn if allowed. Only hand Id worry about here is x7 if you had a mega CS in this hand.

eL CardinaL
01-22-2005, 11:34 PM
BTW I really like yout turn check to trap everybody for 2 BB but when it gets checked around to you on the river you gotta bet!!

eL CardinaL
01-23-2005, 12:18 AM
I'm sorry those posts were supposed to go elsewhere. But regarding this hand. Bet the turn!! A9 might help you charge the draws for 2 cold!

Justin A
01-23-2005, 04:15 AM
I think that your thinking on this hand is off. It sounds like you're in NL mode where you really have to worry about a monster.

On the flop I think this is a must 3bet. Given that you called the flop, I think your attempted check-raise is fine, and your river play isn't bad either considering the action. I think that you have to 3bet here and lead the turn. You're very unlikely to be behind on the flop.

1800GAMBLER
01-23-2005, 12:28 PM
Ha, this is so great, the only time you are meant to give them credit for being able to read your hand you don't /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Must bet turn, they'll put you on AK a lot of the time and play accordingly.

River bet is a must.

DeeJ
01-23-2005, 01:24 PM
3-bet the flop, bet the turn, blow them all away. 896 with two diamonds is one draw heavy flop. Don't let them draw out on you cheaply, force them out. Would another diamond be a happy sight? What about a 7 !?

Bang bang! You're dead and I'm not!

theBruiser500
01-23-2005, 01:29 PM
Go me!

Kurwood Derby
01-23-2005, 01:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
this hand is almost identical to the interesting AA post i just recently made.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, and they're both horrible.

BarronVangorToth
01-23-2005, 02:47 PM
Pre-flop -- fine.

Flop -- 3 bet.

Turn -- bet out.

Why give such a coordinated board the free card?

Barron Vangor Toth
www.BarronVangorToth.com (http://www.BarronVangorToth.com)