PDA

View Full Version : Another weak/tight play?

gchaos
01-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Live 2/4. I have only been around for 2 orbits, but the table seems fairly loose. There has not been much preflop raising.

Hero is in MP2 with J/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls, Hero Calls, 2 folds, Button raises, SB folds, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

5 to the flop (10.5 sb)
Flop: A/images/graemlins/heart.gifK/images/graemlins/heart.gif4/images/graemlins/spade.gif

BB checks, UTG+1 bets, mp1 calls, Hero???

My thought process: At this point, I am getting 12.5 to 1 on my money. With 4 Q outs, at 10.5 to 1 it seems this is an easy call. However, one of the queens puts a flush on the board. So if I really only have three clean outs, at 14.3:1 I should fold. And I still have to worry about a raise from the button (the only aggressor pre-flop) which in all likelyhood will knock the BB out.

So, I folded. Bad play? If I was last to act, I would have called. If the button was not the preflop aggressor, I most likely would have called.

Derek in NYC
01-22-2005, 06:48 PM
Easy fold for the reasons you mentioned: (1) one of your outs is dirty, (2) you dont close the action. Plus (3) you have no flush redraws. I dont call this unless I close the action, by the way, regardless of whether the button was the preflop raiser.

Gravy (Gravy Smoothie)
01-22-2005, 09:10 PM
With the preflop raiser still to act behind you this is a fold. If I didn't fear a raise behind me I would call the flop bet.