PDA

View Full Version : Ace High Fold in Big Pot

theBruiser500
01-22-2005, 05:50 PM
Is the river fold standard for you guys? Pot is big but I think it must be obvious I have ace high and am going to call him down, in which case I can fold...

Party Poker 15/30 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (7 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 folds.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (8.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Nate tha' Great
01-22-2005, 05:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pot is big but I think it must be obvious I have ace high and am going to call him down, in which case I can fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

You can occasionally use that rationaile against a thinking opponent, but most of these guys just aren't that smart. I think you're bound to call the river if you've called the turn.

ML4L
01-22-2005, 06:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pot is big but I think it must be obvious I have ace high and am going to call him down, in which case I can fold...

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta cut this crap out. This ain't 5/10 NL on Stars. Some of these people don't even put their opponents on hands, much less try to represent hands themselves, and sure as hell don't think on the third level.

As to the specific hand, I'm really not qualified to say. But, in general, stop giving these guys so much credit.

ML4L

1800GAMBLER
01-22-2005, 07:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotta cut this crap out. This ain't 5/10 NL on Stars. Some of these people don't even put their opponents on hands

[/ QUOTE ]

Just emphasising. Seems like you still haven't heard all the forum shouting at you to stop giving people so much credit.

I think the only time the 15/30 hand reads is in one form of hand, Party Player raises, Hero 3 bets, PP calls. Flop; xxx PP checkcalls. Turn: x. Hero checks behind. River: x PP value bets his medium pair. No other hand ever, have i seen proof of hand reading. Do you not watch the hands you play?

JasonP530
01-23-2005, 01:30 PM
Bruiser, you got in 3 bets with a good chance of drawing dead. If you want to get to the river, check call in both spots and induce a bluff. FWIW, you should have him on a J here and fold the turn.