PDA

View Full Version : How weak is the Party Million $ guaranteed...

JackOfSpeed
01-22-2005, 04:52 PM
Bricked on a couple of qualifiers today...what are your thoughts on the quality (or lack thereof) of the field? For an avg tourney player like myself is it worth the buyin, with all the knuckleheads qualifying from satellites?

Pete
01-22-2005, 04:54 PM
there are MANY solid players in that field. I wish i could play in it but got some home game i said i would play in. good luck all

TomCollins
01-22-2005, 05:01 PM
I have played in one, it was similar to the weekly $215s. Maybe a tad tougher.

01-24-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bricked on a couple of qualifiers today... For an avg tourney player like myself .... with all the knuckleheads qualifying from satellites?

[/ QUOTE ]

Quite an irony, isn't it?

Anyway, as somebody already pointed out, there are quite a few solid players in this tourney, brown trouts nonetheless not to mention the anonymous pros vying for a quarter mil top prize. A quick measure is that on the low buy-ins of $22 to $55, you will notice that half of entries are normally gone after the first hour. Whereas in the mil and quarter mil, 65-70% are still around on the first break.

DonButtons
01-24-2005, 05:38 PM
The reason why a larger percentage of the field is still left after the first hour, is the increased chip stack and the longer blind level intervals in the larger tournaments.

01-24-2005, 05:56 PM
Thanks for clarifying that, Don. I failed to notice that starting chips are 1500 instead of 1000. Shows how observant I am inspite of the fact that I have played both the small and larger ones too (via satellite, of course). /images/graemlins/blush.gif

BTW, Congrats for the good finish

ilya
01-24-2005, 06:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I failed to notice that starting chips are 1500 instead of 1000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not only that, but the blind levels last 20 minutes instead of 15.