PDA

View Full Version : Online tourney software...question

UltimateDickory
01-22-2005, 03:39 PM
Is there any software available where me and my friends can play a single table tourney against each other without the use of a site with a rake? There too much damn snow here to get together at someone's house. All cash,etc would be negotiated offline.

GrannyMae
01-22-2005, 03:43 PM
use the poker stars roll your own.

go for the cheapest stakes and designate a multiplier and settle up after. $10 tourney can really be a $100 tourney, and it will only cost $1 per player.

just a suggestion

UltimateDickory
01-22-2005, 03:51 PM
Thanks for the suggestion... I cant find that option in my stars program.. any other info on this. this would also require all my friends to deposit on star which im not sure everyone would do.

Adde
01-22-2005, 04:07 PM
this would also require all my friends to deposit on star which im not sure everyone would do.

Have them create an account each, and then transfer them 10 bucks each from your account, and they pay you in person, or suffer the consequences.

Adde

UltimateDickory
01-22-2005, 05:06 PM
Unfortunately im short the FPP on Stars to be able to do this.. This seems to be something that alot of people are looking for.. the only thing i found was the silly ircpoker #tourney room

itsmarty
01-22-2005, 05:41 PM
Texas Holdem for X-box Live has a tourney feature.

Martin

Yobz
01-22-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
use the poker stars roll your own.

go for the cheapest stakes and designate a multiplier and settle up after. $10 tourney can really be a $100 tourney, and it will only cost $1 per player.

just a suggestion

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not familiar with stars at all, but will any site out there allow you to do this with play money? that will solve the deposit issues...?

GrannyMae
01-22-2005, 06:17 PM
but will any site out there allow you to do this with play money?

not that i know of. i think there are a bunch of people who would use this for exactly what you are looking for, and the house does not want to sacrifice server space when they are not collecting a rake. in the old days, you could probably have emailed a site manager/operator and he would open up a table for you. nowadays, this would be nearly impossible.

to poster Ultimate..

i should have offered earlier, but i did not know you needed a certain amount of FPP's for this feature. next time you want to do this, just shoot me a PM the day before and i will be happy to create one for you. they are password protected, so nobody would crash it. i can't help you today because i am out of here, but happy to do it with some advance notice in the future.

finally, here is another option for you. paradise put in this "order form" a few months ago, so you can order one up from them as well. as adde suggested, just transfer the funds to your friend's accounts.

http://www.paradisepoker.com/tournaments/private_tournaments.html