PDA

View Full Version : Nexgens for $0.20 on 5stardeal now

smoore
01-22-2005, 02:58 PM
sweet... they used to be 0.26

obeythekitten
01-22-2005, 05:30 PM
its listed as being cheaper, but when you add the item to your cart the price is bumped up to the old higher price. (this goes for both the chips and the sets)

Richard Tanner
01-22-2005, 05:51 PM
Yeah I noticed this too, I hope it's a glich and they'll fix the price and not recend the offer. That said, does anyone have NEXGENs and could give a review. Pokerchipreviews.com is a little lacking when it comes to them.

Cody

FatMan
01-22-2005, 06:51 PM
A lot of the time they offer 25% off your entire order so 25% off $0.26 would net out to about $0.20 per chip. Check to see if they are offering the discount.

obeythekitten
01-22-2005, 06:57 PM
they are offering the 25% discount bringing the cost down to .20, but the price is LISTED as being .20 each, meaning the 25% should be taken off .20 as listed instead of being bumped to .26 when you hit "add cart"

rusellmj
01-22-2005, 07:17 PM
They have a lot of stuff on sale right now. The one thing I checked out said you had to put in a promotioonal code to get the discount. The code was listed at the bottom of the page. Maybe it's on the chips page too.

Russ

PinataUT
01-22-2005, 08:40 PM
They aren't going to honor both.

I got samples of the Nexgens and they look / feel pretty good. The yellow is a weak looking chip. The purple is not much better. (Personal preferences, obviously). The rest of them (green, black, white, blue, red) look very good.

There's better contrast between the purple and black chips than some pictures might lead you to believe. The blue on the purple chip is a light blue that looks to be about the same shade as the light blue outline shadows of the word 'diet' on a diet pepsi can. Obscure, but next time you're in a supermarket you can take a look at a bottle or can and see the color better than on any of the pix I've seen (on my cruddy non-color adjusted monitors).

belboz
01-22-2005, 09:50 PM
There is an asterisk next to the price and the following:

* Assumes discount using promo code RSUMEU.

whiskeytown
01-22-2005, 10:27 PM
if you RTFA (read the [censored] ad) - there's a star by the price -

follow it down and it'll tell you the price is conditional on using the 25 percent discount bonus code -

SO, that's the way it goes...use the promo code -

RB

smoore
01-23-2005, 02:19 PM
haha crap, sorry guys. I read the first * and it said "please make quantity selections..." didn't think the'd have two single * notes. bastards. oh well, it's still a good deal until the end of the month.

PinataUT
01-23-2005, 02:26 PM
One star is red (pick your quantities) and the other black (apply the code). Still a very good price for a chip with good feel.