PDA

View Full Version : Is this early push silly?

Hawkeye27
01-22-2005, 02:33 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

SB (t625)
Hero (t1700)
UTG (t950)
UTG+1 (t1370)
MP1 (t760)
MP2 (t35)
MP3 (t700)
CO (t1130)
Button (t730)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t75</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls t60, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t1700 (All-In)</font>, MP1 folds, SB folds.

Final Pot: t1850

ericlambi
01-22-2005, 03:28 PM
Well, there are certainly other ways to play it, but I don't mind it all that much. A lot of times you'll get both players to fold and a lot of times you'll get them to call with AQ or KQ/KJ. And when you run into a PP &lt;= QQ, it gives you the maximum chances to draw out. It sucks when you run into KK/AA, but that happens.

Irieguy
01-22-2005, 04:16 PM
It depends on how well you play post flop. If you have reason to believe that you are an expert post flop player, you have to smooth call here and work your magic after the cards come out.

If you feel that your post flop play is a little shakey, but you still like this situation, I would reraise enough to get the SB out of the way and play heads up.

Now, here's the thing: if you really struggle post flop, this seems like an OK time to just push and hope somebody calls you with a weaker ace. But, you have 1700 chips. So if all you are going to do is push and race people... you'd be better off doing that when the blinds are big, so it actually makes more sense to just fold here and sit on your chips if your post flop play is a liability.

So, no, I don't think a push is a good play here no matter how you rate your post flop ability.

Irieguy