PDA

View Full Version : Was I rude?

DesertCat
01-22-2005, 12:33 PM
How do you handle table etiquette? I tried to answer this guys question honestly, but he got very angry with me and was mean to me the rest of the night.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

MP1 ($128.98)
MP2 ($133.15)
MP3 ($96.16)
CO ($127.9)
Button ($135.2)
SB ($117.55)
Hero ($97)
UTG ($94)
UTG+1 ($115.4)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif. SB posts a blind of $1.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to $5</font>, MP2 calls $5, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($16) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $8</font>, MP1 calls $8, MP2 folds.

Turn: ($32) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets $25</font>, Hero calls $25.

River: ($82) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: $82

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 5d 7h (full house, sevens full of jacks).
MP1 has As Qh (two pair, jacks and sevens).
Outcome: Hero wins $82. </font>

MP1: keep calling raises with that
Hero: Why, I had a seven
MP1: if you say so buddy
MP1: I meant before the flop, it's a terrible call

Hero: But I had a seven

Homer
01-22-2005, 12:37 PM
he got very angry with me and was mean to me the rest of the night.

Are you playing poker to make friends or money? Your preflop call was poor, but really who cares what this guy has to say about it.

deacsoft
01-22-2005, 12:38 PM
I think it was funny. Even more humorous is his flop call, followed by a horrible attempt to buy the pot on the turn, followed by just giving up on the river. /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

razor
01-22-2005, 12:40 PM
why is there a poker content thread in OOT?

I think you need to throw a 'Poker is easy' comment in there somewhere.

eric5148
01-22-2005, 05:24 PM
Get this poker-related filth out of this forum!

But since you already posted it, fold preflop. And why the hell try and defend yourself? Don't you want the other guy on tilt?

My avatar on Stars is a pic of Timmy from South Park. Whenever some jerk starts berating me for what he thought was a bad play, I just put "TIMMY!" into the chat box. Usually, several times.

Dangergirl
01-22-2005, 05:53 PM
Where the heck is Jake so that he can answer this? I'm beginning to miss his comments.

DBowling
01-22-2005, 06:04 PM
fold that preflop, betting into preflop raiser is iffy, i dont like it only half pot bet. If youre trying to represent a J, go ahead and bet the pot, it will make it harder for him to call with just two overcards. the turn call is OK, im not sure how much i like it. i assume your folding the river if he bets it. but in this case, sometimes its better to just go ahead and fold the turn, since youre out of position.

As to a response, just put something stupid like "75o is da nutz preflop nigga!!?!? represent"

DesertCat
01-22-2005, 07:36 PM
I must defend my play here. My pot odds were good, and given the preflop raiser, my implied odds were great. Unfortunately I had to play this very carefully.

And I assure you, I put him on tilt.

bholdr
01-22-2005, 08:23 PM
pot odds were terrible:
pot is only laying about 4-1
save your calls for suited connectors.

was lucky to hit the flop and turn against a weak opponent, imo, underfulls like that are verrrry dangerous (one of those win a little/lose a lot situations- like if he had J9s and put you on AJ, etc).

as for the chat,
if they wanna be table coaches, let 'em; i usually just cut and paste their little lessons into thier notes. encourage them to give away their game. "what do you mean by that? I still don't get it, explain. why was my call bad?"

...and whenever i take a big pot off a sucker, i always say something like: wow was that lucky! you'll get me next time, man. nh.