PDA

View Full Version : A9o - Inches from my first trifecta!

JoshuaD
01-22-2005, 12:02 PM
Both villians are pretty laggy. MP3 has been trying to come after me after my set beat up his aces, so he's hanging around in this hand because he wants to beat me (I think). The other player is an aggressive fish, I figured I was ahead on the flop, but wasn't too confident. I was gonna call down, saw the 9 and I started seeing gold.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (8.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (14.25 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 14.25 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has Ad 9s (two pair, aces and nines).
CO has Ks 8s (one pair, kings).
Outcome: Hero wins 14.25 BB. </font>

She should have bet that damn river. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

sthief09
01-22-2005, 12:23 PM
the whifffff...

Sakuraba
01-22-2005, 01:01 PM
Rather than call the turn and go for another checkraise on the river, why not just cap the turn and bet the river? You win the same size pot this way.

If you goal is simply to get the trifecta though, go for it.

JoshuaD
01-22-2005, 01:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Rather than call the turn and go for another checkraise on the river, why not just cap the turn and bet the river? You win the same size pot this way.

If you goal is simply to get the trifecta though, go for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yea, ummm... Hey look over there, it's Winona Ryder!

Knoler
01-22-2005, 03:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yea, ummm... Hey look over there, it's Winona Ryder!

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome! Is she doing her ping-pong ball trick?

Now, you do know that when you make your trifecta, it's all the more awesome if you do it after a senseless limp reraise pre-flop, right?

Regards,
-Brian