PDA

View Full Version : 55 Heads Up vs Loose Aggressive

charlie_t_jr
01-22-2005, 10:51 AM
My opponent 36%/13%. Table typical, I obviously expected more callers.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.50 SB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

Turn: (3.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (5.75 BB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero...? Do you get fancy here, or just bet?

spydog
01-22-2005, 11:07 AM
Preflop: OK, if most pots have been unraised and at least 4-way.

I usually check raise this flop and lead the turn. If he has overcards, then you want to win the pot before the river card and this line gives you a little more fold equity than yours, plus an extra SB if he doesn't fold.

Turn: Good.

River. Bet. Look at his possible holdings:

1) Overcards. On this board, he'll probably call with Ace high and maybe even a K. He probably won't bet those. He might even try to bluff-raise in this spot. This favors a bet.
2) Slowplayed 7 or overpair. You bet, he raises, you 3-bet. This favors a bet.
3) Flush. Again. You bet, he raises, you 3-bet. This favors a bet.
4) Busted flush draw. You bet, he folds. This favors a check as it might induce a bluff. However, I think an agressive player raises the flop or turn with a flush draw, so it seems unlikely that he's holding diamonds.

Lurker4
01-22-2005, 02:58 PM
flop checkraise/lead turn is also my standard line here. I'd lead the river as well, like poster above said, a LAG may raise a wide range of holdings. He might also take a shot at you with the river scare card.