PDA

View Full Version : QQ against microreraise

betgo
01-22-2005, 09:35 AM
Poker Stars $15 turbo, blinds 50/100. I have T2900. I miniraise to 200 in second position with QQ. I get two callers. CO with T1500 reraises to 300 (not allowed in some sites and B&M situations). I push. CO calls with KK.

I was hoping someone would reraise so I could push. I was concerned that the microreraise was a tell to a big hand, but I had a pretty big hand myself. Should I have just called and played for a set? I kind of think you have to play QQ like its the nuts preflop with this shallow money and loose play. Perhaps I could get a strong enough read from that move to get away from QQ.

Munkster
01-22-2005, 09:54 AM
I really don't like your min raise with so many ppl in (from the sound of it). If you were hoping for a raise so you could reraise, why not just limp in? I would hate to raise so little and then get 2 or 3 callers -- so hard to play with QQ out of position.

I would raise the standard amount (3x) PF most of them with QQ (when blinds are 50/100). Then if CO reraises, I am going to push (CO only have 1500 in chips).

With the regards to your situation, I would've pushed also. Again, you have CO covered and QQ is a great hand.

pshreck
01-22-2005, 10:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
CO with T1500 reraises to 300 (not allowed in some sites and B&M situations)

[/ QUOTE ]

Name one site or B&M where you can't make this raise?