PDA

View Full Version : Americas Cardroom promo bucks

04-20-2002, 01:35 AM
Was anyone else participating in the ACR promo bucks promotions aware that their definition of a raked hand is a hand played in a non-microlimit games where you (the player counting the raked hands) saw the flop? I had a long and polite discussion with Torstyn there tonight and was surprised to learn that their definition of a raked hand was different from my understanding (mine you just have to be dealt cards in a hand where a rake was dropped).

Apparently their Tuesday night promo uses a different (my) definition (Torstyn confirmed this) as you only have to be dealt a hand that is raked in order for it to count.

Before anybody jumps on me for complaining about 'free money' I was only asking because IMO the rules were unclear and for me it will probably take about 4-5 times as long to get the required hands given my % of flops seen.

04-20-2002, 01:57 AM
interesting... looks like it's not easy 'free money' afterall...

they definitely need to clarify their rules...

04-20-2002, 02:27 AM
Let me show you the exact wording they use in their written rules...

Here is an excerpt from their freeroll rules:

"however your initial promo buck credit requires 200 raked hands before withdrawing - please note that both heads up tables and our micro limit games (.25/.50) do not count towards raked games played."

Now, here is an excerpt from their Tuesday night promotion:

"$25 FREE TUESDAYS

Simply play 200 games with ANY rake at ANY game between 7pm and 2am on Tuesday nights, and we will give you $25 extra to play with!!

plus there is an, Hourly HIGH HAND bonus of a $25 Sports Bet!!

(standard promo bucks conditions, just play 200 raked hands excluding the micro limit tables prior to withdrawing your extra $25)"

I agree that you have every right to be confused. By looking at the wording, it would seem that the only difference in the free $25 for playing 200 hands on Tuesday night and the "promo bucks" is that you can get the free $25 by playing at the .25/.50 limit, whereas that limit does not count towards raked hands in the "promo bucks" category.

The problem is that nowhere is there any information on what the definition of raked hands is for the site. This leads to alot of confusion because not every site uses the same definitions.

Of course, you can always go and ask them like you did, but I think it would clear up any confusion at all to have the definition in the written rules.

LLAMA

04-20-2002, 02:50 AM
There is no way to tell how many 'raked' hand you have played starting from day 1, so there's no way you could tell how many more hands to go before you can receive the bonus money.

The 2nd suggestion i have is to slow down the show down at the end. It goes by so fast that you can not see what your opponent held.

04-20-2002, 03:22 AM
LLAMA I've had an account at ACR for over 6 months and I've read the rules they've posted already. Torstyn told me in chat he would rewrite the rules to explain what they mean by a raked hand. My reason for posting is that I was just wondering if anybody else was operating under the same misconception I was?

04-20-2002, 03:27 AM
"My reason for posting is that I was just wondering if anybody else was operating under the same misconception I was?"

Well, I know that was your reason and I said I agreed with you. I posted the rules to show why I agreed with you on the misconception. I guess I just have this bad habit of explaining things...next time i'll just say "shit, I thought that too!" /images/wink.gif

LLAMA

04-20-2002, 06:12 AM
thanks, bob

that is a bad accidental omission from their small print

sometimes it's hard to see how these things could be overlooked by the site's promoters

04-20-2002, 08:08 AM
My understanding was as yours, and I did manage to play the required number of hands. So either Torsteyn had it wrong when he explained it to you, or I have been playing (or seeing the flop) more then I thought....

Gatlif

04-20-2002, 09:53 AM
Keep track of it yourself! I do /images/smile.gif then if they say ya haven't you have something to argue with!

But I havent had any probs there! Good Site......Good People and some of the players are very Entertaining!! lol

04-20-2002, 09:56 AM
LMAO....LL you know you cant win for losing at this place!!! LMAO

Its a Grind!!! /images/smile.gif

04-20-2002, 12:42 PM
kindly keep the obscenities down, llager

there are ladies present

and a maiden

04-20-2002, 04:54 PM
There is no showdown. Only the winning hand is shown. You never get to see what they bet, raised or called with.

04-21-2002, 12:48 AM
Their definition that requires seeing the flop is a surprise to me. I held the same impression as you did. They really should have clarified this point. It seems unfair of them to have such an onerous definition given their unclear description.

Given their reputation for treating customers fairly, I imagine they might resolve this situation fairly.

Also, on a completely different but unrelated point, I have been unable to log on to ACR for the last two days because their autoupdate of the software does not appear to work for me. I even tried downloading the entire software again to no avail. Anyone else have this problem?

04-21-2002, 06:04 AM
As asked by the players, ACR has now added a description of what seeing the rake means for them...

2. $25 Promo Bucks is first prize - this is credited to your playing account immediately and you may start playing with it, however before withdrawing any money from your account you must have made a deposit to your account (min $5). You are then able to withdraw any winnings you have made with your promo bucks, however your initial promo buck credit requires 200 raked hands before withdrawing - please note that both heads up tables and our micro limit games (.25/.50) do not count towards raked games played. A raked hand is a hand that is raked and you have seen the flop in (the 3 board cards) before you have folded your hand.

As for the not being able to logon, I have no idea. I have had no problems or heard of any like this. You might want to give them a call and get some help that way.

LLAMA