PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Pineapple Theoryand Odds

Sentric
01-22-2005, 04:35 AM
Does anyone know of any kind of literature written for crazy pineapple. I do a decent job of figuring out the odds in certain situations, but I know their are aspects of the game I have picked up yet. I know its not that popular right now, but in the room i work in it has taken off, we get up to four games a day, and they are they are full of maniacs who cant lay a hand down without a large gun being pointed at their heads, I play some online a do well enough, but I would like to see some other input on the game.

Phat Mack
01-22-2005, 05:58 AM
I know its not that popular right now, but in the room i work in it has taken off, we get up to four games a day,

Where do you work? Do they play high or high-low?

There are some books on pinapple listed at conjelco.com. I've never read any, so can't make any recommendations.

Here's a web site that has some basic, but good, info on the hi-lo variety:

CPFAP (http://www.everythingsbusted.com/p0cker/CrazyPineapple.html)

I'd also search the archives of this forum and RGP for pineapple posts. There have been many good ones over the past few years.

muck_nutz
01-22-2005, 04:26 PM
I've picked up a few of the books on pineapple and I wouldn't suggest any of them as useful. Jerrod's post, while satire, contains some useful nuggets. There have been threads on RGP that contained some good info althohugh sift carefully. There is a game played in europe named "irish" which is similar. You might also search for info on that.

One thing to watch for (esp. in PL pineapple) are the free rolls that useing one card for low create. This really increases the value of AA and Ax.

Where do you play pineapple?

Kilik
01-23-2005, 12:45 AM
UltimateBet spreads Pineapple games, both hi and hi/lo.

Sentric
01-23-2005, 03:44 AM
Thanks for the input, I work in a room in Jax Fl, only a two dollar limit, but the game is beaten by a couple a people for around 10 an hour on a consistent basis with the maniacs and calling stations their every day. I play low limit pineapple on ultimate bet, ive tried hi-lo, but im concentrating on getting a winning strategy for the hi games.

FeliciaLee
01-23-2005, 03:38 PM
I'll bet you could get some help from Steve Badger. He lives in southern CA, where C8 pineapple is still spread.

You might have to pay him, but he's no slouch, his website is pretty solid, even if he differs in opinion sometimes from other writers/theorists.

http://www.playwinningpoker.com/

I am headed out to Commerce for the LAPC on Wednesday. While there, I am going to dive into C8 Pineapple a bit, since I can play higher limits than 2/4. I have played on UB and 2/4 live, and found it to be a virtual money tree. I wonder how it is at higher limits...we'll see.

Felicia /images/graemlins/smile.gif