PDA

View Full Version : Tilt - Encouraging Collusion??

MicroBob
01-22-2005, 04:35 AM
Just saw the commercials for episode 3 (which I didn't pay much attention to at the end of episode 2).

The Matador and Eddie are getting ready to get into the big game with the Australian high-roller guy that is flying in.
Matador tells Eddie before the game "If I clear my throat before I raise, then you re-raise me. Okay??"

Something like that anyway.
I think Eddie is playing with Matador's money so he's certainly not trying to gun-down Eddie on this one.

I think all the colluding they are showing might encourage the same stuff in our regular B&M play....but, here's the twist...those who will think they are going to kill the 20/40 limit game by doing this are going to be in for a rude surprise because they are too stupid to understand when they should be raising the pot or not.

In other words, Tilt's collusion-promoting will actually be good for the typical 2+2 LAG because it will just help the idiots give-away their money even faster.

Would the stupidest of colluders have a better chance of accidental success if they were doing it on the NL games (which is all they play on Tilt)?? I don't know.
But somehow I doubt it. I think they are still more apt to bankrupt themselves then any of their opponents.

Thoughts??

Evan
01-22-2005, 06:22 AM
Thoughts??

I agree that people, in general, are too stupid to do these things correctly.

edtost
01-22-2005, 06:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
people, in general, are [...] stupid

[/ QUOTE ]

Voltron87
01-22-2005, 10:25 PM
While the prominence of collusion in Tilt does bring the game into disrepute a bit, anyone good enough to successfully collude is a sizeable game did not learn how to from Tilt. So I don't view it as a threat of bringing more collusion into the game, but it doesn't reflect well on the game if an entire TV series revolves around collusion.

deacsoft
01-23-2005, 03:18 AM
"Tilt - Encouraging Collusion??"

That would be like saying violent TV programs encourage people to murder. People (most of them anyway) are more than capable of thinking for themselves so it should matter what is encouraging them.

Al_Capone_Junior
01-23-2005, 02:03 PM
I think such an idiotic show is going to encourage even more idiotic players to be even more idiotic than their normally idiotic dullard selves were previously known to be.

For instance, Mr. WPT himself yesterday when I was dealing the 2-4 game...

wearing dark MIRRORED sunglasses...

raising every hand...

playing 57o like it's AA...

going on tilt and throwing his 57o at the dealer when the guy with KK (who flopped a set of kings) beats his rivered PAIR OF FIVES...

then trying to angle-shoot his way out of getting raised before the flop by calling a string raise when there was NOT a string raise (his opponent clearly said "raise" then brought it out in two motions)...

and stiffing the dealer on every pot he won...

Yet during the show TILT (which was on ESPN on the TV in the poker room nearest his table) he was paying CLOSE attention.

Spoon feed a dullard idiot moron pure dog-chit served hot on a platter and they'll not only gobble it up, but they'll not even bother wiping their chin before begging for more.

Two thumbs down to ESPN for their crappy bunch of bullchit show. Any idiots who get ideas from it will simply hang themselves when they get into a cardroom, and do it very quickly at that.

al

John Deere
01-23-2005, 02:43 PM
One of my favorite radio DJs (EB from The Junkies in DC) always talks about how he loves to play Party Poker. (In his own words, he never wins, because he can't resist playing Q9o). Just this past week, he talked about how he and a friend stayed up until 2 a.m. the night before trying to collude at .5/1.

The result? One lost $50, the other lost $100.

MortalWombat
01-24-2005, 01:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
One of my favorite radio DJs (EB from The Junkies in DC) always talks about how he loves to play Party Poker. (In his own words, he never wins, because he can't resist playing Q9o). Just this past week, he talked about how he and a friend stayed up until 2 a.m. the night before trying to collude at .5/1.

The result? One lost $50, the other lost $100.

[/ QUOTE ]Wow. Losing 100 big bets at micro limits while trying to collude? What were they colluding at, trying to make sure everyone else at the table could win as much money as possible?

XXXXING FISH
01-24-2005, 09:18 PM
no encouragement from what I have seen

BadBoyBenny
01-24-2005, 09:25 PM
Maybe it will encourage the losing players to call honest players out for colluding.